Hubbie work visa, but what about us?

Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

c_wal10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hubbie work visa, but what about us?

Hi,
I was just wondering if hubbie enters NZ on a temp work visa whilst our EOI and residency visa are been processed, how do we come over? On a visitors visa we would need return tickets wouldn't we. I won't be working and will have 2 children with me (4 and 2 year old).

Thanks Claire
Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:56 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hubbie work visa, but what about us?

thats how myself and our kids came out on. yes you would need an onward flight but we decided we would go back to UK for a trip after the 6 mths anyway as my eldest was turning 21 at the time.

lots of people talk about getting refundable tickets, not sure how much they are and some just get onwards flights to OZ and I guess if not needed don't use them
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:14 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You could come over as visitors and yes you'd need a flight out of NZ. You won't even get on the plane in the UK without them! There is often little cost difference between one way and return tickets from UK to NZ so worth looking at that.
Or a refundable ticket to Australia perhaps?

Other than that, you'd be looking at work/visitor visas for you and the children.

P
Old Aug 14th 2013, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by c_wal10
Hi,
I was just wondering if hubbie enters NZ on a temp work visa whilst our EOI and residency visa are been processed, how do we come over? On a visitors visa we would need return tickets wouldn't we. I won't be working and will have 2 children with me (4 and 2 year old).

Thanks Claire
Wouldn't you also apply for a Temporary Work Visa, secured on he back of your hubbies and should be granted for the same period as his ?
Since your Temporary Work Visa is secured through the family stream you wouldn't have to have a job offer to secure it like your husband does.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm

Unfortunately I'm unsure about the children and the visa required.
They are both too young for school, therefore I'd expect a study visa is ruled out for them.
I have a feeling since they are your dependants and under the age for a study visa the only options are family stream visitor visas (secured on the fact both their parents are on temporary work visas) or maybe they can be added to your temporary work visa ?

The Residency application can just tick away in the background all the while.

Regards,
Old Aug 15th 2013, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

c_wal10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I won't be working or looking for work so won't qualify for a work visa
Old Aug 15th 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

tiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud of

We're about to go a similar route to this. OH is applying for a WTR visa, I'm going for the partnership work visa, 1 kid on student visa and 2 kids on visitors.

INZ told me on the phone that we would get waivers put in all of our passports to negate the need for return flights. Now I'm confused that this seems to contradict the experiences of some here but this is what I was told very recently?
Old Aug 15th 2013, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tiger mama
We're about to go a similar route to this. OH is applying for a WTR visa, I'm going for the partnership work visa, 1 kid on student visa and 2 kids on visitors.

INZ told me on the phone that we would get waivers put in all of our passports to negate the need for return flights. Now I'm confused that this seems to contradict the experiences of some here but this is what I was told very recently?
We recently came over on WTR, partnership and 2 student visas. Didn't have to buy return flights, no special waivers put in the passports, just the visas

C_wal10 I'm not working either, I didn't have to specify whether I wanted to work or not, the partnership visa automatically gave me a work visa. Handy to have just in case
Old Aug 15th 2013, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by c_wal10
I won't be working or looking for work so won't qualify for a work visa
Yes I understand you wont be working or looking for work, but you don't have to actually work.
Since this visa type is secured via the family stream on the basis that your hubby has a job offer from an nz employer and has a Temporary Work Visa, Immigration just give you (in essence) the same visa for the same period of time.
You don't have to secure a job first or show you are looking for work.
The beauty of it is that at some point you may want to work for example in a coffee shop or even work as a volunteer - this visa will let you do that.
If you don't ever work then no worries.