Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

How to prove that your previous experience was Full-Time?

How to prove that your previous experience was Full-Time?

Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to prove that your previous experience was Full-Time?

Currently, I am in the phase of submitting my ITA. I have more than 8 years experience in the IT field and I have all of experience certificates which covered the 8 years, the issue which I am facing is the experience certificates are not mentioned clearly, how many hours per week I was working. all of my experience certificates mentioned the following, My full name, Position I held, Work start date and work end date (From, To), signed by authorized person and stamped by the company. I supplied complete job descriptions signed and stamped as well, but also nothing mentioned related to the working hours. Can anybody help me in this issue? what I can provide are letters from my colleges in my previous companies stating that I was working full time in those companies.

Last edited by hmlamie; Aug 8th 2012 at 7:42 am. Reason: Wrong Copy
Old Aug 8th 2012, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to prove that your previous experience was Full-Time?

Not really clear what you are trying to establish from your question, however the problem seems to be a discrepancy in the start date shown on your employer's records, rather than a question about the amount of hours per week that you work.

If you think the employers record is wrong then you should tell them, or correct your own version of events to match. Nobody here can help you, only your employer can confirm or deny the days that you were expected to work. I can only think that perhaps it was a night shift that is counted as the next day?

Is the hire date the same as the start date? I might be hired today but not expected to start work until the next week or even next month.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Not really clear what you are trying to establish from your question, however the problem seems to be a discrepancy in the start date shown on your employer's records, rather than a question about the amount of hours per week that you work.

If you think the employers record is wrong then you should tell them, or correct your own version of events to match. Nobody here can help you, only your employer can confirm or deny the days that you were expected to work. I can only think that perhaps it was a night shift that is counted as the next day?

Is the hire date the same as the start date? I might be hired today but not expected to start work until the next week or even next month.
Sorry I copied something wrong. I corrected it now My question is related to employment certificate contents
Old Aug 8th 2012, 8:38 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hmlamie
My question is related to employment certificate contents
what is that?

if you are talking employment contract it should state on it the amount of hours you are expected to work per week. If it doesn't just get the employer to mention the hours worked or state full time employed in his reference for you
Old Aug 8th 2012, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
what is that?

if you are talking employment contract it should state on it the amount of hours you are expected to work per week. If it doesn't just get the employer to mention the hours worked or state full time employed in his reference for you
Is it mandatory to state the i am working full time, i cannot prove that by Payslips? Or contracts or any other documents, for exmaple Job Description
Old Aug 8th 2012, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hmlamie
Is it mandatory to state the i am working full time, i cannot prove that by Payslips? Or contracts or any other documents, for exmaple Job Description
It is a legal requirement to have an Employment Contract which states, among other things, how many hours you are expected to work, how much you will be paid, your leave and other entitlements.

http://www.dol.govt.nz/er/starting/r...ts/clauses.asp

Also I would be most surprised if your payslips do not indicate in some way the amount of hours you are being paid for any given period. I get paid every fortnight and my payslip shows this as 80 hours.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Aug 8th 2012 at 10:45 am. Reason: Added link
Old Aug 8th 2012, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
It is a legal requirement to have an Employment Contract which states, among other things, how many hours you are expected to work, how much you will be paid, your leave and other entitlements.

http://www.dol.govt.nz/er/starting/r...ts/clauses.asp

Also I would be most surprised if your payslips do not indicate in some way the amount of hours you are being paid for any given period. I get paid every fortnight and my payslip shows this as 80 hours.
Maybe those mandatory clauses are must in NZ, but in other countries it can be different.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aiki
Maybe those mandatory clauses are must in NZ, but in other countries it can be different.
Yes, you are right, here in the middle east it is totally different. we assume that all of the work which has a contract is a full time work not part time. in the part time you will not get an experience letter and you will not sign a contract.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 8:23 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

are you required to submit references from your previous employers? If so then ask them to add that you worked ?? (insert hours) hours on a full time basis. If not then I would suggest you speak to your NZ Immigration Dept
Old Aug 9th 2012, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

are you required to submit references from your previous employers? If so then ask them to add that you worked ?? (insert hours) hours on a full time basis. If not then I would suggest you speak to your NZ Immigration Dept
Definitely, It is one of the requirements. The issue is the references have been issued long time back and some of them in other country not my residence country. I've tried to mitigate this issue by supply the contracts, payslips, bank statement, offer letter from the employers. I think this is the maximum which i can did in this. Beside that i'm thinking to let some of my colleges in these companies to right letters stating that i was working full time. I know it is really hard but i should be prepared.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 4:47 am

I think you have done the best you can at this stage. just have to wait and see if they do require more. Then you may have to just write to the Companies HR dept for references with hours and wage.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

I think you have done the best you can at this stage. just have to wait and see if they do require more. Then you may have to just write to the Companies HR dept for references with hours and wage.
Thanks for your reply, The wages is not an issue, as i submit all bank statements, payslips and contracts for my previous employers. the issue only is to state that i am working full time. Obviousely, as there is a contract, it means that my work is full time. I hope they will not contact me for this issue.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Don't your payslips state your contracted hours? One of the evidences NZ Immigration state is valid for proof of experience (full time job) is payslips - you should be ok