British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   How My CO know ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/how-my-co-know-724244/)

hmooda911 Jul 9th 2011 6:00 pm

How My CO know ?

My CO will call me soon, my questions:-

How My CO know that if another person talking with him/her rather than a real person ?? and the interview will be done by skype or by phone ?

bye

Kija Jul 9th 2011 6:04 pm

Re: How My CO know ?

The interview is done by phone and they're very punctual.

You will be asked questions only you would know to verify they're talking to the correct person.

They also record the interview and I've actually heard that it is checked by a forensic expert who uses voice analysis to establish whether the person is telling the truth or not. Whether or not this is true I don't know but the do record the conversation.

Just prepare well for it by reading interview questions and you should be fine. Do your research, good luck!

Scousebird Jul 9th 2011 6:55 pm

I doubt they use forensics as that would cost a bomb unless there were serious concerns. I reckon there is a government protocol designed by forensics which is used to assess people which indicates they are being truthful. If they had doubts there are lots of things they could do to establish an identity. I do assessments all the time in line with gov protocol thats why Im offering an opinion. My opinion would be against using someone else because of language issues.

Take a class, practice etc as if you got caught its fraudulant and you may never get in. Only an opinion for you to take or leave.

Bo-Jangles Jul 10th 2011 8:50 am

I am pretty sure that in the UK they would inform you at the beginning of the interview if they were recording the conversation and don;t recall that mine was. However, beside the legality, if you're the one wanting to go to NZ I think you would be pretty dumb to allow someone else to answer for you. :ohmy: Because INZ aren't totally stupid, in some countries where there are known scam artist issues, they do insist upon face to face interviews.

Kija Jul 10th 2011 10:10 am

Not sure if the OP is contemplating letting someone else take the interview for them or not but if that is the case I agree with Scousebird and Bo-Jangles - BAD idea.

Our interview was definitely recorded, I think our CO mentioned that to my OH. Ours was done through the London office. I think they record the interview as their supervisor has to check the results as well in order to base their final decision.

Scousebird Jul 10th 2011 11:01 am

Anything to do with the gov would be recorded due to potential legality issues its common practice now. Look at the News of World and that wasnt legal!

Kija Jul 11th 2011 9:23 am

I know! We live in strange times! Big bro is always watching :eek: