How much do I score for NZ immigration?

Old Mar 14th 2010, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Question How much do I score for NZ immigration?

Hi there, I just was confused with NZ immigration point calculator. Please let me know what my score is
1- Civil Engineer Post graduate - graduated from Iran
2- 32 Years
3- Single
4- 8 Years of experience in my field
5- Never been in NZ
6- No job offer
7- IELTS 7,7,7,6.5

Please give a break down of points
Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:42 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How much do I score for NZ immigration?

Bit difficult as we don't know if your experience corresponds to the "Civil Engineering Technician" that shows up on the LTSS list. Also need to take into account if your qualification is recognised by Immi NZ? "No" to both of the above and you really would be very, very short on points indeed.

If you're really struggling with points calculations, then I would recommend seeking the services of an Immigration Consultant. There's some great people on here for providing advice to very specific questions, but they can't know your full circumstances and as such a Consultant who you can speak with face-to-face would be in a much better position to help.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:56 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, for instance whether you gained your experience in a comparable labour market etc is all important as to whether it counts.....
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by simonsi
Yes, for instance whether you gained your experience in a comparable labour market etc is all important as to whether it counts.....
I have 8 years of experience in constrcution of buildings coul
d you please explain what comparable market is ? I have serious problem understarnding what is mentioned in NZ website. thanks
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:12 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Can't vouch for the accuracy of 3rd party websites and all that, but a list of comparable labour markets and an explanation of the term "labour market" can be found if you

CLICKY HERE

Iran is not mentioned - although you don't say where your experience was gained so this may not be a problem?

If you are still struggling with this, I really do recommend you speak to an immigration advisor and get them to go through the bits that you aren't happy with. On the surface of it, assuming your experience is in Iran, I'd say you've got two hopes (and Bob's dead), but I'm no expert and a professional may be able to see things in an entirely different light and get you through the process. Maybe even in time for the World Cup if you get a wriggle on!!!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:55 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the definition on the NZ Immigration site, Iran isn't listed so your experience won't count unless you were working for a multinational in Iran (assuming that is where your work experience is/was). Link is here

So no job offer, no experience and no recognised qualification sounds like an uphill battle but as said before you should seek advice from an immigration advisor...