British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   How Many Times Can You Apply to NZ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/how-many-times-can-you-apply-nz-490152/)

WannaB Oct 28th 2007 6:32 pm

How Many Times Can You Apply to NZ?

Hi guys

this might sound silly but has anyone been through this or could advise. We are worried that we have applied to immigration to NZ too many times - the story is as follows:

We applied to immigration to NZ about 5 years ago, we got selected, got ITA but we decided not to go through with it so didn't submit ITA.

Then recently, we regretted our decision and went through the whole process again. Got to ITA stage but something went wrong with our application re qualifications not being recognised etc so we withdrew our ITA because we were told it would most certainly fail but we were told that we could submit another EOI under different circumstances, which we did, got another ITA but now we are having more problems with another issue related to work experience URGH!!!! Anyway, this will be our third failed ITA. Although none of them have actually been submitted so we haven't actually been denied entry to NZ, just advised that if we did submit our ITA it wouldn't pass. So actually, we haven't yet submitted an ITA.

We've come up with another plan because clearly the ITA route isn't for us - to get a student visa/ or just go over on a visitors visa and get work. It is risky but it has worked for some people but my main concern is that they will realise that we have already tried to apply 3 times and failed. Will this count against us or does it not really matter if we are applying for a student visa etc that is completely different.

Can you advise, thanks everyone

happynz Oct 28th 2007 6:37 pm

Re: How Many Times Can You Apply to NZ?

If you have a letter of acceptance from a recognised school and you can show that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay you should not have any difficulty in securing a student visa.
As far as coming as a visitor, no worries, unless you are a sketchy character. If you look reasonable and behave reasonable you should have no problems entering.

CAN2NZ Oct 29th 2007 9:33 am

Re: How Many Times Can You Apply to NZ?

We first applied in September 2004 and were given and ITA in December of 2004. We just let it lapse. Then in September 2005 submitted another EOI and were issued an ITA in less than one week. I put it down to the fact that they had us in their system still and could process us quickly. I can't comment on your situation particularly, but am passing on our experience. My personal view is that you can apply as many times as you like as you are paying for it they have to process your application. When it came time for the interview, they didn't even ask us about previous applications. They just do their routine.