How many take a chance?.. WTR

Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default How many take a chance?.. WTR

Hello, Wonder any of you can suggest something for me.?

We as a amily have been out to ChCh etc for a couple of weeks and love it, we want to make the move now, which we have been wanting to do since we came over 2yrs ago. We also have friends in Dunedin. Now, im waiting for a job offer, (with a minimm 55k requirement for wtr visa) which seems to be a long wait so i was wondering, how many people just take the chance and come over, find a job and apply for a wtr visa? I know its probably best to get the offer first and apply for visa's but im getting fed up with the waiting/chasing.

Do you think its possible to come over and find a job then apply?
Obviously i would try to arrange some interviews first.

Thanks all..
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many take a chance?..

Hello & Welcome.
What line of work are you in?
Old Sep 11th 2010, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment many companies are reluctant to sponsor with a job offers. This recession seems to be hitting harder now than before, many kiwi's are coming back home & get priority for employment. Employers would rather firstly help their own out in these hard times, & secondly it's easier for them not to have the hassle of working with immigration. So at the mo... no guarantees!
Old Sep 11th 2010, 2:18 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I think people do do exactly what you are asking, but I guess in the current climate it could prove a very costly and not necessarily fruitful exercise.

Are you able to come on your own and attend interviews back to back. Then if you are here in person I would imagine your chances are higher. If you have no joy at least you haven't moved the family across the world?

So many employers will only consider hiring someone they meet face to face. I'd be more inclined to try that then move on a wing and a prayer, but I appreciate it is a costly exercise.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: How many take a chance?.. WTR

.......bumped for Wessa.

WTR

If you gain a job offer from an accredited NZ employer which meets the requirements ref. salary etc. , then you can apply for a WTR visa. Here is the form and instructions and help HERE. This is essentially a type of temporary work visa whereby you work for two years towards an application for Permanent Residency.

Your wife would fill in her own work visa application under the family stream ( same form) and for the children it will be student visas.

Police Checks have a shelf life of 6 months , so if you know you are coming before then have them done now from the UK.

When it comes to medicals and xrays , it is cheaper to have them done here in New Zealand. No doubt about that. Thing is , if you are wanting to set the ball rolling for all the family before you arrive in NZ, then bite the bullet and have them all done back in the UK. It's a question of GBP or NZD. Be aware that meds have a shelf life of only 3 months.

If you are planning on coming to start work under the WTR but have to leave your family behind to sell a house or settle some other issue, then it might be worth waiting before they complete their own applications and do their medicals simply because the medicals could expire , meaning you would have to pay to have them re-done.

Just because the job offer comes from an accredited employer doesn't mean you have to necessarily wait for two years before applying for PR. If your occupation is on the skilled occupation list and you have enough points there is nothing to stop you applying for PR under the skilled migrant category once here and working. just make sure the application is timely as you may be able to use the same meds and police checks for that.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Bev,
They want me to start in March! Do you think i will get the police checks and the wtr visa sorted in time?.

Regards, Gary.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:34 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wessa
Bev,
They want me to start in March! Do you think i will get the police checks and the wtr visa sorted in time?.

Regards, Gary.
London only took 5 days to process ours and have our passports back in our hands. You can pay extra for faster processing of the police certificate.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Our WTR took 6 weeks from start to finish and we had some issues with the medicals so you should be fine for a March start!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Wessa.

Well. You have two replies which both indicate this is possible.

ACPO Police checks
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

is it an accredited company?
Old Jan 31st 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys,

Yeah, its with an accredited company.

I was at NZ house today and was told that as my otherhalf and kids are coming out shortly after me, i need to get their visa's in at the same time as me. Was told that i need to apply for them too while im still in this country. This shouldn't hold me up. The medicals are booked for next week and the police checks should only take 10 days or so. I did send the wrong police check off last week as ive just found out i needed the "ACRO certificate" £35. a piece.
Oh and meds are costing £60 for xray and £225 for Med. Not sure if thats ok..

Il keep you'l informed of my progress. Fingers crossed eh.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

WTR with an accredited company goes to the top of the pile I was told by INZ
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

mine was under two weeks!! (applied in NZ)