How long until I can return?

Old May 27th 2018, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

elmiee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long until I can return?

I'm currently in New Zealand on a Partnership based work Visa but this expires 7th July and the relationship broke up so I am unable to extend on this so will be returning to the UK. Is there a certain stand down period as such that I have to remain away from New Zealand until I can come back? Would be wanting to come back on a 3 /6 month visitor visa. Not sure if there is any rules in place or you have to wait a certain period? Thanks :-)
Old May 28th 2018, 9:20 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long until I can return?

from what I am reading as you are here as the partner of a person and you are no longer with that person you visa is now invalid as:
  • your circumstances have changed since you were granted a visa
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...he-application

So you may already been an over stayer so I'd be careful on your next step. MY understanding is you can apply for a visitors visa for after the expiry of another visa but you have to have it in place before the last day of the valid visa but as I say above you may already be classed as an over stayey

Last edited by MrsFychan; May 28th 2018 at 9:25 am.
Old May 31st 2018, 5:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
from what I am reading as you are here as the partner of a person and you are no longer with that person you visa is now invalid as:
  • your circumstances have changed since you were granted a visa

So you may already been an over stayer so I'd be careful on your next step. MY understanding is you can apply for a visitors visa for after the expiry of another visa but you have to have it in place before the last day of the valid visa but as I say above you may already be classed as an over stayey
I tend to agree. if the relationship broke up and you have not informed NZ immigration, you could be considered an overstayer.

I would contact NZ immigration. Tell them what has happened and ask for time to sort affairs before you leave. That will mean a change of visa status .
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Separating from a partnership when in NZ on a temporary visa that was based on partnership may be cause for deportation.
Any situation changes should be declared to Immigration immediately after they occur which then allows Immigration to weigh up and advise your options.
What you should do is make contact with Immigration and tell them about your change in circumstances and take it from there.

So long as you are not seen to be an overstayer or considered to have omitted to declare your change of circumstances there should not be any conditions applied to re-entry as a visitor but of course you will then only be able to visit temporarily - I think at the most it is 9 months total in any 18 month period.