This is how long it took...

Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: This is how long it took...

thanks guys!!! yeh its such a relief i couldnt stop laughing and jumping around! just the house to sell now good luck to you all waiting, it seems to take forever but its a fab feeling when its the end-a year of paperwork, etc!! x x
Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: This is how long it took...

Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
it occurred to me that one of the most commonly asked questions is 'how long...'

so, i thought i might start a new thread where those of us that get from EOI - visa could note their details for others to see all in one place? might not work, but thought it worth a go!

so, here's ours:
125 POINTS, EXPERIENCE IN FUTURE GROWTH AREA, NO JOB OFFER
EOI SUBMITTED 19 JUNE 08
ITA RECEIVED 11 SEPT 08
ITA SUBMITTED 17 NOV 08
PR IN PRINCIPLE 17 MAR 09

PRETTY MUCH 9 MONTHS FLAT
Hi Stoof
Great Idea!!

Here goes:
9th November 2008 EOI SUBMITTED ONLINE with job offer
19th November EOI SELECTED
11th December ITA RECEIVED
15th December all MEDICALS / X-RAYS BOOKED
24th December Collected Meds etc from Medical Centre
29th December Posted ITA (with all original documents incl. passports plus just a photocopy of each item. We didn't bother to pay for certified copies. All sent in royalmails silver envelope, for special next day delivery cost about £8)
23rd January EMAIL CONFIRMING APPLICATION APPROVED
9th February VISA STICKERS IN PASSPORTS !!

EOI to VISA in passports 3months exactly ! (no telephone interviews or anything)

Oct - to- present - still in house sale limbo
Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steelblue View Post
Hi Stoof
Great Idea!!

Here goes:
9th November 2008 EOI SUBMITTED ONLINE with job offer
19th November EOI SELECTED
11th December ITA RECEIVED
15th December all MEDICALS / X-RAYS BOOKED
24th December Collected Meds etc from Medical Centre
29th December Posted ITA (with all original documents incl. passports plus just a photocopy of each item. We didn't bother to pay for certified copies. All sent in royalmails silver envelope, for special next day delivery cost about £8)
23rd January EMAIL CONFIRMING APPLICATION APPROVED
9th February VISA STICKERS IN PASSPORTS !

EOI to VISA in passports 3months exactly ! (no telephone interviews or anything)

Oct - to- present - still in house sale limbo

That was quick!! Will you go without selling first? Will they keep your job offer open? good luck!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Catsteve is an unknown quantity at this point

I am impressed at how long it takes to get through the immigration process for NZ as opposed to the application for Canada (3+ years). Does it matter how many points you have at the outset (205)?
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sue R View Post
Here we go!
130points, no job offer but occupation on the LTSSL

EOI submitted 5/12/07
EOI selected 5/12/07
ITA received 16/5/08 and yes the dates are correct. Complaint letter sent to NZIS 10/5/08:curse:
ITA returned 31/5/08

interview 13/6/08
Approved PR in principle 24/6/08

So around 6m to go from selected to PR approved, 5.5m EOI to ITA, then 3w ITA to PR. My timeline is unusual to say the least!!

Finally got round to sending in my passport and getting the blue stickers 22/9/08 and received passport back on the 1/10/08

Arrived NZ 7/12/08
got similar delay in the EOI stage about sending ITA soon
Best of luck for all applicants who are in similar phase

sam