Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

How long from telephone interview to next contact?

How long from telephone interview to next contact?

Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How long from telephone interview to next contact?

Originally Posted by nickychris67
OMG we have been "Accepted in Principle" , however I wish I hadn't checked my emails while still at work as I really struggled not to jump up and down shouting. Had to go and find somewhere quiet and out of the way to tell Hubby. all I need now is to find a job out there and we are off Friends coming round today for a celebration

Thanks everyone for your advice and help
Fantastic news. Congratulations. Enjoy celebrating.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:22 pm
loui5a

loui5a will become famous soon enough

Fab news,

We have our interview Friday, so doing prep work, also have a careers interview on wednesday to discuss experience and i am submitting my chartership reports tomorrow to try and get qualified before we go so I think my head is going to explode.
Heading to other threads now for more tips

Louisa
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sjake
Hi guys,

Had telephone interview last Friday, now have dreaded immigration finger. Keep checking e-mails etc. hoping to hear.

Roughly how long did it take from having the interview to hearing if you have been successful or not?

I have been really patient over the past year, knowing that each stage takes time, but this last bit is really agonising!!!

Thanks for any input.
just shows u how unprepared i am! didnt even realise u had to have a telephone interview! OMG what on earth would they ask??
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loui5a
Fab news,

We have our interview Friday, so doing prep work, also have a careers interview on wednesday to discuss experience and i am submitting my chartership reports tomorrow to try and get qualified before we go so I think my head is going to explode.

Louisa
Best of luck for Friday.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Fab news,

Louisa
Hi louisa, could you tell me what kind of preparation work are you able to do for the telephone interview, as im very new to this process it would be rreally helpful thanks!
Berni x
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 127luton
just shows u how unprepared i am! didnt even realise u had to have a telephone interview! OMG what on earth would they ask??
You only have an interview if you don't have a job offer. It assesses your ability to find suitable employment & settle in NZ, and have you done any research into the move.

There is a thread for the links to other threads with the sort of questions that they ask.

AAAagh! can't find the thread with the links that Persephone aka Sue added - anyone??!!??
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601681

Found it eventually. Look here for the sort of questions asked at the interview & welcome to the forum.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 3:30 pm
loui5a

loui5a will become famous soon enough

Hey,

Thanks Sjake!

Berni - I searched for threads containing interview and got a list of questions. I have prepared answers and we are reviewing all week to make sure we cover everything.

I will let you know at the weekend how it went!

Louisa
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sjake
You only have an interview if you don't have a job offer. It assesses your ability to find suitable employment & settle in NZ, and have you done any research into the move.

There is a thread for the links to other threads with the sort of questions that they ask.

AAAagh! can't find the thread with the links that Persephone aka Sue added - anyone??!!??
Hi there!! thanks so much for replying. We have been offered jobs already, so i guess its one less thing to worry about then. Again thanks!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hey,

Thanks Sjake!

Berni - I searched for threads containing interview and got a list of questions. I have prepared answers and we are reviewing all week to make sure we cover everything.

I will let you know at the weekend how it went!

Louisa
Thanks Louisa,
Its kind of you to fill me in with 'what to expect'
Good luck to you by the way!!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

benjie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hie

Please can someone out there tell me its normal to wait 3 weeks for an interview response. OH had interview on 11 June 2009 upto date no response from CO. Just noticed from others posting their time lines they have an answer after a week - london branch. We were requested to submit via Wellington branch may be because OH is from Southern Africa thats just my thinking. This is the hardest waiting ever.

thank you

Benjie