Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

How long from telephone interview to next contact?

How long from telephone interview to next contact?

Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light
Default How long from telephone interview to next contact?

Hi guys,

Had telephone interview last Friday, now have dreaded immigration finger. Keep checking e-mails etc. hoping to hear.

Roughly how long did it take from having the interview to hearing if you have been successful or not?

I have been really patient over the past year, knowing that each stage takes time, but this last bit is really agonising!!!

Thanks for any input.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

sarah1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long from telephone interview to next contact?

Originally Posted by sjake
Hi guys,

Had telephone interview last Friday, now have dreaded immigration finger. Keep checking e-mails etc. hoping to hear.

Roughly how long did it take from having the interview to hearing if you have been successful or not?

I have been really patient over the past year, knowing that each stage takes time, but this last bit is really agonising!!!

Thanks for any input.
ahh im sorry i dont no but i saw your in portsmouth im in southampton so i hope it goes well for u! how long roughly did u apply ago, did u go throu an agency? any tips? thanks x
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys,

Thanks for any input.
Hi,

We got an email confirming PR about a week after the interivew.

Fingers crossed for you x
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:16 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

we got told in an email within a week of the telephone interview.

cheers

Niki
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

nickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant future

I have my fingers crossed for you , I have my telephone interview tomorrow and I seem to have lost the ability to sleep or think about anything but what they might ask me. I thought waiting to be assigned a CO was bad but it would seem that was nothing, compared to this

all the best
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the info & all the support everyone.

Glad to say that I had an e-mail this morning saying that we have been 'Approved in Principle' - woo!!!!!hoo!!!!!!

Sent it to OH, but had to sit at work just smiling to myself as we hadn't told anybody what we were up to except my family.

Keep going from sheer excitement to OMG. Champagne is in fridge but can't have any yet as have to go to school for DS's school trip meeting!!

Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nickychris67
I have my fingers crossed for you , I have my telephone interview tomorrow and I seem to have lost the ability to sleep or think about anything but what they might ask me. I thought waiting to be assigned a CO was bad but it would seem that was nothing, compared to this

all the best
Thank you.

Best of luck for the interview. Have you checked the threads on here about the questions that tend to get asked? Our CO was really nice, but I kept questioning myself afterwards - even woke up during last night thinking that I had mucked it up for everyone - but obviously hadn't. Just be yourself & be honest. Fingers crossed for you.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the info & all the support everyone.

Glad to say that I had an e-mail this morning saying that we have been 'Approved in Principle' - woo!!!!!hoo!!!!!!

Sent it to OH, but had to sit at work just smiling to myself as we hadn't told anybody what we were up to except my family.

Keep going from sheer excitement to OMG. Champagne is in fridge but can't have any yet as have to go to school for DS's school trip meeting!!

Congratulations x x
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

nickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant futurenickychris67 has a brilliant future

Congratulations, thanks for the tips on reading other threads, I think I can answer everything mentioned, just need to stop my nerves getting the better of me. all the best for your new life in NZ.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck with the interview
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the good luck wishes.

, that was nerve wracking waiting for the phone to ring, I feel that the interview went ok, especially when she said that there are now 3 options open to her, 1 being to decline us, 2 to offer residency or 3 to offer deferred residency. What makes me really hopeful was her comment of 'unlikely at this point' when referring to option 1. (god I could have jumped up and down when she said that) So now have to wait for the email letting us know which option we get.

that it is not option 1 and that they do not find a problem with any of the paperwork. The next 1-2 weeks could turn out to be very long

Once you are notified which route they are taking, how long does it take to get the visa in your passport? or is this when things slow down whilst they check everything?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:28 pm
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice

thanks for the good luck wishes.

, that was nerve wracking waiting for the phone to ring, I feel that the interview went ok, especially when she said that there are now 3 options open to her, 1 being to decline us, 2 to offer residency or 3 to offer deferred residency. What makes me really hopeful was her comment of 'unlikely at this point' when referring to option 1. (god I could have jumped up and down when she said that) So now have to wait for the email letting us know which option we get.

that it is not option 1 and that they do not find a problem with any of the paperwork. The next 1-2 weeks could turn out to be very long

Once you are notified which route they are taking, how long does it take to get the visa in your passport? or is this when things slow down whilst they check everything?
Good luck on the decision. Might not be long now. I have a telephone interview booked for Thursday morning, then I'll be in your position! Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Good luck for Thursday, if you have done your research you should have no problem, our caseworker was really nice and she was easy to chat to.

All the best
Old Jun 20th 2009, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: How long from telephone interview to next contact?

OMG we have been "Accepted in Principle" , however I wish I hadn't checked my emails while still at work as I really struggled not to jump up and down shouting. Had to go and find somewhere quiet and out of the way to tell Hubby. all I need now is to find a job out there and we are off Friends coming round today for a celebration

Thanks everyone for your advice and help
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

OMG we have been "Accepted in Principle" , however I wish I hadn't checked my emails while still at work as I really struggled not to jump up and down shouting. Had to go and find somewhere quiet and out of the way to tell Hubby. all I need now is to find a job out there and we are off Friends coming round today for a celebration

Thanks everyone for your advice and help
Congratulations x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.