Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

How long to hear back after ITA submitted ?

How long to hear back after ITA submitted ?

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all
Default How long to hear back after ITA submitted ?

We submitted our ITA in early Oct09.

All seemed in order and we are now waiting to hear back about our Skilled Work Visa application.

Still nothing!!!

How ling should it take?? Website says 1 - 3 months.

Would be interested to hear other peoples experiences.

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Default Re: How long to hear back after ITA submitted ?

Hi There

Ours took just over 4 months (see our timeline below). Now we are waiting to hear from our case officer and keeping everything
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:21 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

Our ITA was lodged on 11th Sep 09 and we heard from our case officer on 21st Jan - so just over 4 months. I'm not sure when he wass actually allocated to us, as he had already looked through our application and now wants ev en more informatin from us!!
This was for PR via the SMC - is that what you were meaning?

It seems like there's a bit of a back log at the moment.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shelloid
Our ITA was lodged on 11th Sep 09 and we heard from our case officer on 21st Jan - so just over 4 months. I'm not sure when he wass actually allocated to us, as he had already looked through our application and now wants ev en more informatin from us!!
This was for PR via the SMC - is that what you were meaning?

It seems like there's a bit of a back log at the moment.
thanks for the info. Looks like no need to panic yet.
We are applying for PR in Skilled Migration Category.
I expect they all had long breaks at Christmas so will be a few weeks behind!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We submitted our ITA & temp work visa applications on 23rd Dec 2009 we were allocated a temp visa case officer on 29th Dec 2009 and were allocated a PR case officer on 22 Jan 2010. But I have been told there is a large waiting list for the medicals so think we are in for a long wait.

Good luck hope you get allocated soon
Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

HI
We submitted ours on the 24/12/09, We have just had a case officer assigned last Friday. However she want s further information and clarification on certain subjects.
Good luck to all those waiting for PR
Old Jan 25th 2010, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

mc5449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys,

Please respond to my few concerns. Me and my husband applied for PR without a job offer in skilled migrant category with details as follows.

EOI selected : 6th may
ITA lodged : 26th august

Still haven't recieved any reply and not even been assigned to a C/O.
Is that a huge concern??

Appreciate your time
Pia
Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mc5449
Guys,

Please respond to my few concerns. Me and my husband applied for PR without a job offer in skilled migrant category with details as follows.

EOI selected : 6th may
ITA lodged : 26th august

Still haven't recieved any reply and not even been assigned to a C/O.
Is that a huge concern??

Appreciate your time
Pia
NZIS do seem to be running over the 4 months allocation for a CO at the moment. It might be an idea to give them a call, perhaps after another couple of weeks? We lodged our ITA on the 21/8 and got allocated a case officer on the 31/12 and our application was similar to your - SMC with no job offer.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Hi All,

same here, (SMC + no job offer), coming up to 4months and not heard anything since submitting ITA. Am guessing that we are not a straight forward case as we will have a medical referral in the end, high BMI.

The NZIS website still says our case is still Pending

still
Old Jan 27th 2010, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Help greatly appreciated from all you guys !! A couple of follow up questions below !

We tried calling the london branch yesterday. We were told that our application was assigned to the C/O on 22nd jan,2010. And also that the status will not be updated online to reflect that. Is that true for you gys also ?? Also will the C/O ever get in touch with us even in case the docs look okay to him?
------------------------
Location USA, No Job Offer in NZ, Skilled Migrant Category, EOI selected: 6th May 2009, ITA Submitted: 26th August
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

I would imagine they will soon contact you for further information when needed or to ask for a interview date? What was your prefered contact details e-mail? phone? Sure it wont be long Good luck
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:11 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, I think we must have been assigned our case officer before he first contacted us. When he first emailed us it was to ask for additional info - so he'd already looked through our paperwork. Now I'm just trying to get everything together as soon as possible!
Our status hasn't changed online - still states pending.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Okei so here is where we are at this point.
As mentioned earlier we got in touch with london branch and were told that the case officer was assigned on 22nd Jan(friday). Are we correct in thinking that interview is not a mandatory thing? Do they randomly call for an interview date or are we pre-informed by them? what kind of questions are we looking at in the intreview? Am I thinking too much in advance?

------------------------
Location USA, No Job Offer in NZ, Skilled Migrant Category, EOI selected: 6th May 2009, ITA Submitted: 26th August, C/O assigned: 22nd jan
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

the interview is usually conducted over the phone, and you only need one if you dont have a 'job offer'.
I suppose it's a standard reqirement and wont be any different for you guys in USA. You will probably get a letter, email asking when would be a convienient time to call. The questions will determine whether your C/O believes you will be able to settle and find work in NZ. In some cases it might affect whether you get PR or WTR. I know there are quite a few threads on here which actually list some of the questions. Have a search!
good luck
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alchris
the interview is usually conducted over the phone, and you only need one if you dont have a 'job offer'.
I suppose it's a standard reqirement and wont be any different for you guys in USA. You will probably get a letter, email asking when would be a convienient time to call. The questions will determine whether your C/O believes you will be able to settle and find work in NZ. In some cases it might affect whether you get PR or WTR. I know there are quite a few threads on here which actually list some of the questions. Have a search!
good luck
Good News :-)

Got email from Case Office yesterday.
Like you say, he has proposed a time for a phone interview and asked if it is convenient etc.

Strangely he has asked for more relationship evidence, not worried as been with wife for 10yrs and married for 3. Loads of things if he needs them. Just odd, as I provided Marriage certificate, Joint bank account statement and utility bills ? What do they need !!

Phone Interview next week, so will have to do some preperation, and look for some tips on this site

thanks to all for your replies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.