How long to get a Residence Visa

Old Dec 6th 2015, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

allyokay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long to get a Residence Visa

Got my application approved in principle on the 30th of November. I still have to send certified copies of the docs I sent as evidence of our relationship (wish I hadn't bothered now) I feel that if I'd kjust sent a 5 year old joint bank statement to them it would have been enough. :-/ - anyway it's taken 10 weeks.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 10:08 am
Just Joined

StandingUpForTheUlstermen is an unknown quantity at this point

I got told last Monday that my medical was ok. Just waiting on the NZ Police check to come through. I hope I get the go ahead by Christmas. Book flights before new year. Leave in February
Old Dec 24th 2015, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

StandingUpForTheUlstermen is an unknown quantity at this point

Merry Christmas guys.

Got an e-mail today saying my application has been accepted in principal. Just need to pay that silly levy they don't tell you about. So not a bad early Christmas present. Hopefully booking flights in the next few weeks. Exciting times ahead. But sad that this will be my last Christmas at home for some time.
Old Dec 25th 2015, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

AndyWatson1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StandingUpForTheUlstermen
Merry Christmas guys.

Got an e-mail today saying my application has been accepted in principal. Just need to pay that silly levy they don't tell you about. So not a bad early Christmas present. Hopefully booking flights in the next few weeks. Exciting times ahead. But sad that this will be my last Christmas at home for some time.
My Passport has been sent off by DHL, due to arrive on Tuesday.....
Old Apr 13th 2016, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: How long to get a Residence Visa

So here I am seven months later(to the day!) and I've just got my email from Christchurch to let me know they've taken the migrant levy and that I've to send my passport in to have the visa put in it. So, I reitterate, if you're sending any supplementarity evidence to do with your relationship i.e. bank statements etc GET THEM CERTIFIED.
So now I have got my residence visa I just want to say how absolutely WONDERFUL it is living in New Zealand, I have to pinch myself everyday. We're living in Nelson which imho is the only place to be. It is expensive to live here but its swings and roundabouts i.e., last week I filled my Mini up with diesel and it cost $24 !!!!!! I'm in the process of setting up my exercise classes (a bit like Zumba), here in Nelson and in a place called Brightwater - a couple of weeks ago we danced on stage at the Mapua Easter Fair and it was such a gorgeous day. Tuesday night we were invited to the local quiz and had a canny time. Its so great, we're making friends, integrating and putting something back. Sorry I'm gushing. All good here in Nelson.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

ReturningKiwi14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats allyokay ...I remember childhood holidays in nelson, make sure you hang the clothes inside out to stop colour bleaching!!!
Old Apr 17th 2016, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Good tip! I will. x