How long from EOI to being ITA?

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 3:25 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long from EOI to being ITA?

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
You are completely right about the 'skilled' class - that's what I was incoherantly babbling about earlier. So long as you are even slightly 'skilled' (and there is even conjecture within NZIS as to exactly what 'skilled' means) and there is a good chance that you can back it up with some relevant work experience (the example she used was an 'IT Technician' with IT experience in the UK and a job offer of installing Pac'n'Save checkout machines here in NZ - they'd consider that skilled. However, operating the checkout machine would not be considered skilled) means that you have a good punt at getting through the ITA stage.

Your 'managing the shop, not working in it' is a great example of this BEVShere.

As I have no idea what an Approval In Principle from NZIS is, I'll have to pass on that until it jumps up and bites me on my big fat arse Can you educate me?

Good luck, with the EOI. Ours went in this week (for the second time, first one was from the UK but we had to pull it out of the pool after a job offer fell through) I'll be curious to see how long the process takes aswell. So far we are in no panic as we have got work visas until september, we just want to get it out of the way as soon as possible.

At least i've found out that i didn't commit any crimes in the UK, well none that they noticed anyway.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone confirm that the 2 weeks from EOI to ITA a la Michelle&Carl is not a complete freak event?
I told a lie ... it was 3 weeks! My maths is atrocious We were selected on 12th September (our wedding anniversary ) and received the ITA on 3rd October - but we had to retrieve it back (with the help of the Police) from an *insert your worst insult here* ex-landlord who thought it would be legal to withhold our mail from us We sent it in on 23rd October, it was signed for on 24th October and we got all our documents back in the post on 1st November!

For the EOI verification we had to email our case officer with a full breakdown of Carl's job - description, how many hours a week he spends on certain tasks, confirmation of employment offer/contract, renumeration etc - we sent in 12 pages and she said that was more than enough for what she needed
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 5:48 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

You sure Maz - I get points for my Degree in Marine Biology - and I am in recruitment and being processed as such?!?!
Actually not any more! That was before I got my job offer and had started work here. I get points for my degree as it's a B.A.(Hons) but no extra points for it being in my area of expertise.

To be blunt, I think degrees should "expire" after a certain amount of time. When at NZIS in Wellington today picking up my permit, I told them that even if I had a B.Sc. in Computer Science, it would be pretty useless as it would be 18 years old now! My professional certifications are much more important. I'm sure many people in IT would agree too.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 5:49 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

And even if they strip me of those 50 points, we still have 160.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

I bunged my EOI in at the end of Sept with 195 pts. Got the ITA about 4 1/2 weeks later...
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 5:22 am
Maz

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I bunged my EOI in at the end of Sept with 195 pts. Got the ITA about 4 1/2 weeks later...
Woo hoo! I'm hoping we can lodge the ITA before hubby's medical runs out...