British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   how long does it takes - to get skilled migration? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/how-long-does-takes-get-skilled-migration-628744/)

alaja Sep 2nd 2009 10:12 am

how long does it takes - to get skilled migration?

how long does it takes - to get skilled migration visa.
Starting with EOI - receiving ITA - and then visa?

127luton Sep 2nd 2009 10:40 am

Re: how long does it takes - to get skilled migration?

Originally Posted by alaja (Post 7896632)

Hi there - it really depends on if you have a NZ job offer... etc.. all your documents of evidence and lots of other things (if all in order.. plus a job offer can take about 3 months of less if at a nice quick immigration office)
Anyone else correct me if im wrong!!!
Berni
xx

bevissa65 Sep 2nd 2009 11:43 am

Originally Posted by alaja (Post 7896632)

Hi there Alajay, welcome to BE :thumbsup: My story was EOI put in Feb 24th 2009, accepted a few days later ITA received 13th (ish) May. Got PR 6th August. Had a few delays on the way with medical stuff but not too long really. Good luck :fingerscrossed: Bevissa
PS. I had a job offer

alaja Sep 2nd 2009 12:11 pm

I don't have a job offer - any info how long?
I counted my points - 140.
But without job offer. Any thoughts for such case?

Mudplug Sep 2nd 2009 1:34 pm

Hi our time scale should be much like yours, 135 points, no job offer, selected from pool 11th march, ITA submitted and lodged 18th june and still waiting for C/O according to waiting times should hear by 18'ish october then should have a decission by mid jan, so for us after NZQA at the very beginning about a year, hope this helps.

alaja Sep 2nd 2009 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mudplug (Post 7897070)
Hi our time scale should be much like yours, 135 points, no job offer, selected from pool 11th march, ITA submitted and lodged 18th june and still waiting for C/O according to waiting times should hear by 18'ish october then should have a decission by mid jan, so for us after NZQA at the very beginning about a year, hope this helps.

How long were you in pool?

What is 'C/O'?
And I don't understand what is in 8'ish october ?

And what proofs are needed for education and working experience?

Mudplug Sep 2nd 2009 2:08 pm

Luckly we were only in the pool for about a week before selection, I think you can stay in the pool for up to 6 months before a decission will be made.
And a C/O is a case officer. When you send off your ITA (ours went to London not sure about waiting times for anywhere else) on the website they quote on waiting times being approx 4 months for the case officer and then a further 3 months for the final decission, depending on if they need anymore information.
Any qualification will need to be accessed by the NZQA, you can check out more info on there website, we did this before starting the EOI just to see what level/score we got, and we just got references from my husband current and previous employers.

alaja Sep 2nd 2009 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Mudplug (Post 7897147)
Luckly we were only in the pool for about a week before selection, I think you can stay in the pool for up to 6 months before a decission will be made.
And a C/O is a case officer. When you send off your ITA (ours went to London not sure about waiting times for anywhere else) on the website they quote on waiting times being approx 4 months for the case officer and then a further 3 months for the final decission, depending on if they need anymore information.
Any qualification will need to be accessed by the NZQA, you can check out more info on there website, we did this before starting the EOI just to see what level/score we got, and we just got references from my husband current and previous employers.

I see. Thanx for comments)

Jo-Chris Sep 2nd 2009 4:47 pm

Hi,

Please see our time line below (that was without a job offer):D

BEVS Sep 2nd 2009 10:13 pm

With 140 points , the EOI will be automatically selected from the pool.
It will then go to an NZIS officer for checking.
If they are not satisfied with anything you have submitted, then they will come back to you. For instance, if they don't understand your qualifications.

If NZIS are satisfied with your EOI then they will send you an ITA - invitation to apply and will assign you a case officer.. You will then need to send in all your documents. This includes your qualifications , proof of work experience, certificates etc. If the qualifications are not on the NZIS list of recognised qualifications , then you will also need an NZQA assessment report.
If English is your 2nd language , you will prove your IELTS results.
If the skilled occupation requires NZ registration then you need to show this has been done.
At this point you will also need to have obtained a police check and arrange to have your medical and xrays.

There is no way to know how long this will take. Each case is different.

cheryl mac Sep 5th 2009 3:07 pm

Hi,

We completed EOI in Jan, accepted in Feb and got ITA. Had meds, police certs, sent off to have quals assessed etc and sumbitted ITA 1st June. Got C/O last week (whoop! so took about 3 months...) and have to send her a couple of docs and another med test then hoefully decision by christmas!

Its a long process but just think how worth it it will be! Thats what keeps us going anyway!

Good luck, any questions I'd be happy to help :thumbsup: