Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

How long does it take to get a work permit?

How long does it take to get a work permit?

Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Android is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long does it take to get a work permit?

hi guys,

I`ve applied for a work permit almost 1.5 months ago under partnership policy and i`ve called the immigration 2 days ago and they`ve told me that my application has not been allocated yet (i don`t want to get into how rude they are on the phone) so still pending!

We`ve called the immigration before the application and they`ve told us it won`t take more than 1 month. Do you reckon the elections took effect? I`ve also applied for a residence permit as well. All our documents were ok, we`ve supplied everything they`ve asked, it`s getting a bit annoying cuz i`m home all day and want to work!!

Does anyone have any idea that how long does it take to get a work permit?

Cheers...
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Android is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long does it take to get a work permit?

hi,

Just got a letter from the department of labour yesterday, my residence permit has been allocated to the immigration officer and a decision should be made by 25th of May 2009 at least.
Hope this is a good thing... But still waiting a reply for my work permit