British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   how long does it take? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/how-long-does-take-533328/)

kira Apr 30th 2008 1:06 pm

how long does it take?

hi there. :)
im just wondering once i fill out the first form i think its the intrest form how long does the process take. the reason im asking is i dont want to fill out forms get excepted and then not have enough time to sort things out.
we are hoping to come over for september maybe october next year thats if we are excepted so when would you suggest i begin the process off.
ive now done abit of research on bits and bobs and im going to a seminar next weekend to see what they say. im itching to go but dont want to start things too soon and have to repay ect ect.
gosh! im feeling a mixture of excitement, sadness stress and happiness.:blink:
x

zummerzet_lou Apr 30th 2008 1:15 pm

Re: how long does it take?

Originally Posted by kira (Post 6287876)
im just wondering once i fill out the first form i think its the intrest form how long does the process take. the reason im asking is i dont want to fill out forms get excepted and then not have enough time to sort things out.
we are hoping to come over for september maybe october next year thats if we are excepted so when would you suggest i begin the process off.
ive now done abit of research on bits and bobs and im going to a seminar next weekend to see what they say. im itching to go but dont want to start things too soon and have to repay ect ect.
x

Can you give us some more details?

Where are you?
Do you have a job?
How many points have you claimed on the EOI?

Our example: In the UK, no job offer, 140 points. We submitted our EOI July 2007. ITA got submitted late Nov 2007, and today we are still waiting for our case officer to contact us and to make their final decision.

HTH

Lou

kira May 1st 2008 10:56 am

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou (Post 6287904)
Can you give us some more details?

Where are you?
Do you have a job?
How many points have you claimed on the EOI?

Our example: In the UK, no job offer, 140 points. We submitted our EOI July 2007. ITA got submitted late Nov 2007, and today we are still waiting for our case officer to contact us and to make their final decision.

HTH

Lou

hi lou
we are in the uk aint even done the point thingy yet, my hubby is a joiner with 18 years of experiance, i have a diploma in psychology but no experiance. my hubby has a HNC. we dont have a job offer as of yet we are hoping to go across 3 months before we move (if excepted) to give out cvs and to look at schools ect.
if i put the eoi form in now will this allow us time to get things done, dont want everything to move too fast.
i believe there is a points calculator somewhere on one of the sites so i must track it down and have a look:)
we did however fill a eoi form out with an agancy on the internet for free to see if there was a chance we could emmigrate it came beck a positive outcome. we then rang and spoke to a guy who assess the forms and he said from his experiance we do have 100% chance of going.
but he could be saying that just to get us to go with him to get our visas and to pay daft prices.

Maz May 1st 2008 11:03 am

Here is the Points Indicator

Originally Posted by kira (Post 6291965)
we did however fill a eoi form out with an agancy on the internet for free to see if there was a chance we could emmigrate it came beck a positive outcome. we then rang and spoke to a guy who assess the forms and he said from his experiance we do have 100% chance of going.
but he could be saying that just to get us to go with him to get our visas and to pay daft prices.

Just ask on here, there are enough qualified and experienced people on this site who can guide you through the EOI / ITA / PR thang. :)

Please... save your money! :)

Water Lily May 1st 2008 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by kira (Post 6291965)
hi lou
we are in the uk aint even done the point thingy yet, my hubby is a joiner with 18 years of experiance, i have a diploma in psychology but no experiance. my hubby has a HNC. we dont have a job offer as of yet we are hoping to go across 3 months before we move (if excepted) to give out cvs and to look at schools ect.
if i put the eoi form in now will this allow us time to get things done, dont want everything to move too fast.
i believe there is a points calculator somewhere on one of the sites so i must track it down and have a look:)

Kira, I don't think you should worry about things moving too fast, you EOI might get selected from the pool quickly, but it could take a few months to get your ITA, and even when you receive it you have 4 months to send it back, so you could always leave it until the end of that period if you get it sooner than expected.

But judging by other people's posts, it takes about a year from EOI to visa, so if you don't want to be there before September 09, maybe you should plan to submit your EOI sometime this summer....

Best of luck with everything

kira May 1st 2008 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Water Lily (Post 6292278)
Kira, I don't think you should worry about things moving too fast, you EOI might get selected from the pool quickly, but it could take a few months to get your ITA, and even when you receive it you have 4 months to send it back, so you could always leave it until the end of that period if you get it sooner than expected.

But judging by other people's posts, it takes about a year from EOI to visa, so if you don't want to be there before September 09, maybe you should plan to submit your EOI sometime this summer....

Best of luck with everything

hi water lily,
thanks for the advice i wasnt too sure if i should submit now or wait a while. there are so many decisions to make and things to start sorting out.
a part of me wants to go now :) and then the other part is going through the slow down lets get it sorted step by step, lol
thank again x

kira May 1st 2008 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 6291999)
Here is the Points Indicator

Just ask on here, there are enough qualified and experienced people on this site who can guide you through the EOI / ITA / PR thang. :)

Please... save your money! :)

hi maz,
cheers for the advise, since ive been skipping around this site ive seen that everybody is friendly and helpful so i defintly think i should give it a go myself, at least then we will have some spare cash for doing other things we need to do.
thanks for the link too im off to see how many points we can get, after a nice cuppa and a bacon buttie :D
thanks again maz its really appreciated x

EmandKen May 1st 2008 8:36 pm

Hi Kira
Waterlily is right, it took us a year minus one day! This was from submitting EOI to getting PR, 140 points without job offer (have a look at our timeline below). It's a very slow system if you don't have a job offer, but a wonderful feeling when it finally all comes together. Go for it and good luck! :)
Emma

Persephone May 1st 2008 9:29 pm

Hi Kira,

I would send in your EOI in the next 2-3m, without a job offer you will have a long wait. How many points? Also it depends on how likely you are to be selected from the pool as well, you may be just hanging around waiting to be selected. If you get over 140pts or your job is on the long term skill shortage list then you're likely to be selected almost straight away.

I sent mine in with 130points and no job offer. Was selected 5m ago and still not heard so you'll have more than enough time:curse:. You will most likely end up frustrated that it's not moving fast enough rather than worrying that it's going too fast [unless you get a job of course!]

The NZIS London office say it will take 3m to go from selection to ITA, then around 7m from them receiving your ITA to granting PR/WTR etc. Though since I've now been waiting 5m I would take those figures with a very large pinch of salt :rofl:

Now I may have this bit wrong but I think if you're granted PR then you have a whole year to get across to NZ but if granted WTR then you have to get there within 3m.

Hope this helps with your timings!
Good luck, let us know how you get on. Oh and you can do it all yourself without paying for an agent, it's not that difficult. I did it with help from on here and the NZIS website and I found the form to be pretty straightforward, just ask on here if you get stuck!
Sue:D

kira May 6th 2008 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 6295652)
Hi Kira,

I would send in your EOI in the next 2-3m, without a job offer you will have a long wait. How many points? Also it depends on how likely you are to be selected from the pool as well, you may be just hanging around waiting to be selected. If you get over 140pts or your job is on the long term skill shortage list then you're likely to be selected almost straight away.

I sent mine in with 130points and no job offer. Was selected 5m ago and still not heard so you'll have more than enough time:curse:. You will most likely end up frustrated that it's not moving fast enough rather than worrying that it's going too fast [unless you get a job of course!]

The NZIS London office say it will take 3m to go from selection to ITA, then around 7m from them receiving your ITA to granting PR/WTR etc. Though since I've now been waiting 5m I would take those figures with a very large pinch of salt :rofl:

Now I may have this bit wrong but I think if you're granted PR then you have a whole year to get across to NZ but if granted WTR then you have to get there within 3m.

Hope this helps with your timings!
Good luck, let us know how you get on. Oh and you can do it all yourself without paying for an agent, it's not that difficult. I did it with help from on here and the NZIS website and I found the form to be pretty straightforward, just ask on here if you get stuck!
Sue:D

thank you for the advise from you and everyone its much appreciated
kira x

Kags1694 May 6th 2008 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by kira (Post 6287876)
x

Hi,
My OH is a Carpenter, have you sent his quals off to NZQA.
It took 4 months to get them back.

Regards
Karen

kira May 6th 2008 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kags1694 (Post 6313842)
Hi,
My OH is a Carpenter, have you sent his quals off to NZQA.
It took 4 months to get them back.

Regards
Karen

hi karen i havent started yet,lol. my hubby is waiting till after sunday we are off to a seminar which gives you a good idea of how things work ect. they will proberbly try and make us go with an agent too but im determined not too after reading what people have said on here and also how helpful people are i think i should be able to manage with a little help with all you lovely people :D
thanks for letting me know about how long the quals take tho. :)