British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   How long does EOI take? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/how-long-does-eoi-take-831421/)

nfor Apr 16th 2014 5:55 am

How long does EOI take?

Hi everyone :)

Does anyone know how long roughly I may be waiting?

I am a 23 year old graduate from the UK just trying to be closer to my dad but it seems like a lengthy process!

Any help needed! I got 110 points and I will be coming on my own

Xx

RobDon Apr 16th 2014 6:08 am

Re: How long does EOI take?

Originally Posted by nfor (Post 11221149)

I am a 23 year old graduate from the UK just trying to be closer to my dad but it seems like a lengthy process!

Xx

Have u considered coming over on. WHV? ;)
They are usually granted within a couple of days, once here u could put in your EOI..........Just a thought. :thumbup:

nfor Apr 16th 2014 6:20 am

Thank you. Wish I did that. But I had a WHV last year and it's ran out! I don't want to come out til September and I am not sure how a visa extension could work?

:)

escapedtonz Apr 16th 2014 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by nfor (Post 11221149)

Xx

You have no chance of an EOI with 110 points being selected. To be in with a tiny chance you'll need 135 points without a job offer. To be in with a small chance you'll need 135 points and with a job offer.
At the moment all fortnightly places are being taken by EOI's that are being automatically selected with 140 points or more.

nfor Apr 16th 2014 12:59 pm

Could have been phrased differently.
But thanks

My dad had 100 points and he has now been a resident for 5 years...

escapedtonz Apr 16th 2014 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by nfor (Post 11221581)
Could have been phrased differently.
But thanks

My dad had 100 points and he has now been a resident for 5 years...

Yes I could have phrased it differently, but I always give advice that is factual and to the point.
Skimming round the truth just leads to misinterpretation and confusion.

5 years ago was a long time.
Maybe not as many people from around the world were wanting to migrate on Residency visas back in 2008/2009 ?
It was about that time when we started looking at the process and I can remember that EOI's with lower scores than 140 were being selected regularly from the pool, but times change.
Nowadays there are a heck of a lot more EOI's being submitted and the "quality" of those EOI's seems to be getting better and better thus EOI's with lower scores than 140 just aren't getting a look in.

It also isn't Immigration's issue (for the moment).
They set a benchmark years ago that said anyone with an EOI score of 100 points or more is eligible to apply for Residency.
Isn't their fault that there are many EOI's being submitted with scores of 140 points or more.
It will start to be their problem when the automatic EOI selections made each fortnight get to a number where their CO's can't handle the work. Only then may we see a change to the rules.

Persephone Apr 28th 2014 6:49 pm

Hi nfor,

Have you looked at the History of Selection Points? Here: http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...ts/default.htm

EOIs with less than 140 points are selected every week as long as they contain points for a job offer. It is not true that only those with 140 or more are being selected.
I went back to the start of 2013 and only once has the draw only included those with 140 or above - and that was after the long Xmas break.

My take on it, from the recent 'History':

140 or above, with or without a job offer = will be selected
100-135 plus a job offer = will be selected [for all intents and purposes]
135, no job offer, 15 points for work exp in absolute shortage = very small chance of selection
<140 and no job offer = practically non existent chance of selection

The selections do alter over time of course and you can go back 5-6 years and see how that has happened.

nfor, you would be selected if your 110 contains points for a job offer. I don't think it does though:( Have you tried applying from overseas? Would your father be willing to put you up if you travel to NZ for a job hunting visit? You would have more chance if you were in NZ.