Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

How long do Partnership Visas for NZ take to approve?

How long do Partnership Visas for NZ take to approve?

Old Oct 20th 2010, 12:05 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Homesick Kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long do Partnership Visas for NZ take to approve?

Hi All,
I am new to the Forum and struggling to get the following information from anyone. (I am not an Expat but i am asking questions on behalf of one )

I am the NZ partner of a UK Citizen. We are in the process of applying for a partnership Visa although we do not currently live together and will not (Because of Rental agreements) do so before leaving the UK.

We have seen that we may apply for the partnership Visa and it may be granted as a Temporary Visa valid for less than a year. Does anyone know answers to the following:

1) How long is the processing time in London for Partnership Visas?
2) Who can verify the Passport Copies and the partner Sponsorship Form?
3) When the Visa is granted is there a time that he needs to use it in? and does the less than a year period begin from the date his Passport is stamped when he arrives in New Zealand? or when the Visa is granted in London?

Thanks
Have a good day everyone.

Vanessa
Homesick Kiwi is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2010, 4:31 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
londonescapee's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mission Bay, Auckland yay!
Posts: 493
londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How long do Partnership Visas for NZ take to approve?

Originally Posted by Homesick Kiwi View Post
Hi All,
I am new to the Forum and struggling to get the following information from anyone. (I am not an Expat but i am asking questions on behalf of one )

I am the NZ partner of a UK Citizen. We are in the process of applying for a partnership Visa although we do not currently live together and will not (Because of Rental agreements) do so before leaving the UK.

We have seen that we may apply for the partnership Visa and it may be granted as a Temporary Visa valid for less than a year. Does anyone know answers to the following:

1) How long is the processing time in London for Partnership Visas?
2) Who can verify the Passport Copies and the partner Sponsorship Form?
3) When the Visa is granted is there a time that he needs to use it in? and does the less than a year period begin from the date his Passport is stamped when he arrives in New Zealand? or when the Visa is granted in London?

Thanks
Have a good day everyone.

Vanessa
Hi I came over on a partnership visa 2 months ago. It is VERY quick!

1) took 3 weeks from submission to stamps in my passport
2) Solicitor or notaray public - costs around £60 but I think there are others you can use. Have a google.
3) yes you have six months from notification of visa approval to get the stamps in then 1 year from stamps going into passport to use it. Otherwise it expires.

Be prepared to move quickly as the processing time is fast. I applied at the end of May and we were here on 1 September complete with jobs. They are very keen to have returning NZ citizens back and partnership applications receive priority.

Good luck
londonescapee is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:24 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Homesick Kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long do Partnership Visas for NZ take to approve?

Originally Posted by londonescapee View Post
Hi I came over on a partnership visa 2 months ago. It is VERY quick!

1) took 3 weeks from submission to stamps in my passport
2) Solicitor or notaray public - costs around £60 but I think there are others you can use. Have a google.
3) yes you have six months from notification of visa approval to get the stamps in then 1 year from stamps going into passport to use it. Otherwise it expires.

Be prepared to move quickly as the processing time is fast. I applied at the end of May and we were here on 1 September complete with jobs. They are very keen to have returning NZ citizens back and partnership applications receive priority.

Good luck
Thanks Londonescapee.
Wow that is quick... Australian & British friends have been waiting almost 6 months for their Australian Partnership Visa.
Did you and your partner live together before applying for the Visa? This is going to be our problem i think. Getting enough information to prove we are together in an actual relationship.

Hope you are loving Auckland. Mission Bay is amazing. You must try the Burger Restaurant (If it is still there) right on the Waterfront. I think it is called Thunderburgers. Amazing!

Thanks again for your post
Homesick Kiwi is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:50 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
londonescapee's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mission Bay, Auckland yay!
Posts: 493
londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How long do Partnership Visas for NZ take to approve?

Originally Posted by Homesick Kiwi View Post
Thanks Londonescapee.
Wow that is quick... Australian & British friends have been waiting almost 6 months for their Australian Partnership Visa.
Did you and your partner live together before applying for the Visa? This is going to be our problem i think. Getting enough information to prove we are together in an actual relationship.

Hope you are loving Auckland. Mission Bay is amazing. You must try the Burger Restaurant (If it is still there) right on the Waterfront. I think it is called Thunderburgers. Amazing!

Thanks again for your post
I am married to my Kiwi and we've been together 7 years so there wasn't any problem there. So long as you have proof that you have been at the same address for a year you should be ok -it doesn't have to be joint stuff. Take anything, such as proof of holidays together, plane tickets etc. It all helps.
Let us know how you get on.

Mission Bay is truly amazing, and there is a burger bar here still - but I think it is part of a chain now! I haven't sampled them yet though, waiting for summer to truly kick in - and need to lose a few kgs still
londonescapee is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:39 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Jan n Neil's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 2,076
Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long do Partnership Visas for NZ take to approve?

I see that you say you do not live together. We had a problem proving relationship as we had two houses and his bills were in his name and mine were in mine so we got lots of other evidence together, like family statements, wierd stuff like we adopted a dog together, dated photos, anything that came to me at his address etc. Search around, it is possible, you will have some items that can prove your relationship. NZIS also need to know you have been together for about 12 months.
Jan n Neil is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.