How long did it take...??

Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Kezzar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long did it take...??

Hi

I'm curious to know how long the process took from when you submitted your EOI (with job offer) to when you received your visa in your passport?

This includes all PCC, Medicals and so forth....

I'm very interested to hear your expericences.

Old Sep 5th 2010, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all
Default Re: How long did it take...??

Around 4/5 months if I remember?

Got everything we needed to submit our EOI (April), EOI submitted (May), ITA received (June), medicals and police checks etc, etc followed. Submitted our ITA (July), blue stickers in passport Aug, flights booked last week, arriving in three weeks.

I'd apply for your police records and get your medials done now if your that confident of being selected from the EOI pool, it'll speed things up.

Last edited by Toon_Nut; Sep 5th 2010 at 12:13 pm. Reason: Can't spell is!
Old Sep 5th 2010, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Moses65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine was only few months BUT there are others who take way longer due to unforseen issues with medicals n qualifications being assessed.
Its kinda like asking how long the piece of string is as each case is different.
Stick with it tho coz its so worth it.
Good luck
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Kezzar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moses65
Mine was only few months BUT there are others who take way longer due to unforseen issues with medicals n qualifications being assessed.
Its kinda like asking how long the piece of string is as each case is different.
Stick with it tho coz its so worth it.
Good luck
We really hoping it won't go on for too long as hubby's job would like him there before the end of the year...

But I'm glad you say its worth it, it gives us hope

Tx
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

See our timeline below.
This was with a job offer.

Last edited by RobDon; Sep 5th 2010 at 11:04 pm.