British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   How long before you get your passports back? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/how-long-before-you-get-your-passports-back-557892/)

teebrown Aug 28th 2008 8:49 am

How long before you get your passports back?

So we have been granted PR and they told us to send our passports in, which we did on the 13th August and we are still waiting.

So how long did it take for other people??

ScottyD Aug 28th 2008 9:13 pm

Re: How long before you get your passports back?

If it's any help this is our timeline - it is recent.

We submitted our passports with our ITA on 8th July, got our AIP letter on 16th July, got our passports back with stamps in on 16th August.

It is nail biting, but shouldn't be much longer for you.

Moomoo Aug 29th 2008 9:05 am

Hi

We submitted our passports with the ITA on 30/07/08 and were Approved in Principle on 08/08/08 - we received the passports back with the visas attached on 21/08/08 - Skilled Migrant Category with job offer.

Hope you are not kept waiting too much longer.

Moomoo :)

teebrown Aug 29th 2008 10:25 am

Thnaks guys, I think I will drop then a quick email, just to make sure they haven't lost them!
:)

teebrown Aug 29th 2008 7:07 pm

How spooky, well I got home from work and there they were, with new blue stickers in.
:thumbsup:

Moomoo Aug 29th 2008 7:32 pm

Yay! Congratulations :thumbsup:

Moomoo :)

nic.gem.soph Aug 29th 2008 7:52 pm

Congratulations, yeah, :D

Spawny67 Aug 29th 2008 8:53 pm

Hi, Congrats. Might see you there soon. Our passports with visa's came last Saturday. How exciting is it?

Dawn:thumbsup:

Stoof Sep 2nd 2008 6:41 pm

sorry, bit of a thread hijack - lots of posters in this thread have got details about time from ITA submitted to AIP to Blue STickers, but just wondering if you've got job offers or are already working in nz??

we're due to get ITA in 2-3 weeks with no jobs and just wondering how long it might be from submitting to AIP to the lovely blue stickers! (keeping fingers crossed, obviously!!)

thanks!

teebrown Sep 2nd 2008 6:59 pm

with me it took a very short time, have a look at my timeline, and our passports took 3 weeks from sending them in to getting them back.

Good luck

Stoof Sep 2nd 2008 7:02 pm

hi teebrown - thanks! take it you haven't got a job lined up then?

ScottyD Sep 2nd 2008 7:59 pm

We have a job offer - OH starts 6th Oct, we're on countdown to leaving now on 18th Sept!:thumbup:

Stoof Sep 2nd 2008 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by ScottyD (Post 6741591)
We have a job offer - OH starts 6th Oct, we're on countdown to leaving now on 18th Sept!:thumbup:

cheers ScottyD! good luck!

teebrown Sep 3rd 2008 7:38 am

We do have a job lined up, but it doesn't start until April, so we are flying out 15th March. - can't wait:rofl:

howden40 Sep 4th 2008 12:03 pm

I posted our passports on a Wednesday afternoon and had them back in my hands by first post Friday - less than 48 hours.

Pauline