Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

how long after selection till we hear something

how long after selection till we hear something

Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default how long after selection till we hear something

We recieved an email saying we had been selected from the pool about 2 weeks ago, how long is the average wait until we hear something??
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:45 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: how long after selection till we hear something

How many points did you submit with your EOI and was it with a job offer? If it was with a job offer you might well be getting that half a tree called the ITA landing on your doorstep soon enough.
Waiting can be torturous, eh?

Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

135 point but no job offer.
and yes, the waiting is torture
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:47 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
135 point but no job offer.
and yes, the waiting is torture

I'm afraid you may have to get used to waiting. Although your points are good, the key to how fast the process will proceed, is whether you have a job offer.

I have put a copy of someone elses timeline below for you to view. They didn't have a job offer either but had over 140 points.

EOI Submitted 6/08/06, Selected from pool 16/08/06
ITA received 7/11/06, Submitted ITA 22/01/07
Visa 'approved in principle' 31/5/07-
Visas in passports & returned to us! 15/06/07

If you receive a job offer in the meantime, then make sure you fax a copy through to London Immigration, then watch out, cos life suddenly goes into overdrive.

Whilst you're waiting for that ITA, start gathering all your info. If you look in the NZ Wiki there is lots of ininfo in there regarding your ITA, and in the meantime, keep posting on here, it really does help. It was the only place when we were going through the 'system' where other people knew what you are going through!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Colandros.
Welcome to this NZ forum.

Sarah speaketh words of wisdom to you. Hang on in there. I'm sure the ITA will arrive in the end.

Tell us a bit more about yourselves and your work.

Dead nosey me
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Here ya go, its all in here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466213

Ros leaves for her nz walkabout this saturday (jealous me?? never)
I'm really cheesed off that i cant go with her but i've gotta stay home and stop the kids from killing each other.
Ros lectures in community and childrens nursing and is the clever one in the family.
she's a registered childrens nurse and has been lecturing for about 5 years. she's holding out for a lecturing post in
nz but can return to nursing if it gets us in.
she's just got her nursing qualifications verified in nz so she can start looking for jobs as soon as the stuff arrives back here.
I am a time served engineer (turner), i worked for 21 years as an engineering machinst before taking a break from it 5 years ago
i then went to work as a support worker with Bolton social services.
I've recently returned to engineering (cnc turner) as i want to make sure i've got as many emplyment avenues open for me if we are accepted for nz.
we've got two kids (boys), one is big and grunts a lot (he's 16). The other is smaller and talks a lot (he's 13)
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

frattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura about

Hi Colandros

We are in Preston area, and are waiting for ITA's too. Fingers crossed not too long, as Police checks will run out in a couple of months
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hello frattonlad,

if it all goes to plan where are you looking to settle once your over there or is there any where that particularly takes your fancy?
did you know theres a NZ expo at the GMex centre in manchester. i think its in october but not got the exact date with me.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

frattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura about

Hiya

We are going to settle around Wellington area I am waiting on job offer coming through and missus looks like she has a job as well hopefully.
Have a mate that lives in Upper Hutt and keep in touch with him. Where are you looking to go then?

Trev & Sam
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi colandros

i have just got my ITA and i have been waiting since the beginning of june when i got picked out of the pool and we had 140 points. we have got our police reports back and we are going to book our medicals and completed the NZQA for pauls qualifications, so i think i am going to be upto my eyes in paperwork.

if you can send off for police reports as they are only £10 and they take about 6 weeks to arrive,

we have not got a job offer as yet and it is not for the art of trying, just we are not there, so we keep plugging away.

there is always people on here who can help regardless of the subject, and it just helps that there are a lot of people in the same boat at the same time.

i will send you some karma to help with the patience of waiting.

sorry welcome to the site, i am kirstie and husband is paul, and we hve 2 cats who are coming with us. paul is an electrician and i am a buyer and we are hoping to move to Invercargill or surrounding area

with regards

kirstie
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

we've not decided on a definate location yet but i quite fancy the warmer north island particularly tauranga. Christchurch also looks very nice and seems to have lots going on for everyone in our family.
I supose at this stage though we'll go to where the work is and then see how things pan out from there.
Kirstie, thanks for the karma, all good things come to those who wait.
col
(colandros)