British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   How long after EOI before you heard anything? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/how-long-after-eoi-before-you-heard-anything-792714/)

Freshhorizons Apr 3rd 2013 8:51 am

How long after EOI before you heard anything?

Hello again all,

We got drawn first time on 20th March with Job Offer, as anyone got any idea how long it takes before we hear anything else?

Many thanks

simonsi Apr 3rd 2013 9:08 am

Re: How long after EOI before you heard anything?

4weeks, was right up to the commitment time...

Freshhorizons Apr 3rd 2013 9:14 am

Thanks for the quick reply,lucky for us we are only planning on coming over next Feb so I won't start panicking yet!

simonsi Apr 3rd 2013 9:21 am

If you are under pressure with the job offer then you can apply for a temp work visa in parallel, we got ours in 5-days then let the PR play out in its time...

Freshhorizons Apr 3rd 2013 9:24 am

We have to do it this way as job offer is with NZ Navy in Devenport and it's a little different I think but thanks for advice. :)

Freshhorizons Apr 3rd 2013 9:26 am

Silly iPad Devonport,typo!

M_and_M Apr 5th 2013 5:09 pm

See my blog (link below) for my time schedules for how it all worked out

simonsi Apr 5th 2013 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Freshhorizons (Post 10637760)
We have to do it this way as job offer is with NZ Navy in Devenport and it's a little different I think but thanks for advice. :)

Ah, so no pressure then, except if N Korea kicks off :-)

Larryloo Apr 15th 2013 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10637755)
If you are under pressure with the job offer then you can apply for a temp work visa in parallel, we got ours in 5-days then let the PR play out in its time...

Hi. We have submitted our Work visa app for the OH and the partner and student visas for means the kids today. Could we really know in as little as 5 days? MyOH has a job offer as an architect in ChCh.

We were selected from the EOI Pool on 3rd April. Not had the ITA yet

LL xx

M_and_M Apr 17th 2013 5:39 am

Temp visa is that fast possibly but Pr isn't

moonie2011 Apr 18th 2013 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Larryloo (Post 10660159)
Hi. We have submitted our Work visa app for the OH and the partner and student visas for means the kids today. Could we really know in as little as 5 days? MyOH has a job offer as an architect in ChCh.

We were selected from the EOI Pool on 3rd April. Not had the ITA yet

LL xx

Hi larryloo, we submitted our WTR visas on the 15th also, it says on their website within 5 working days if there are no problems
OH has a start date of 3rd June. Keep us informed how you get on :fingerscrossed:

ukarchitect Apr 19th 2013 5:14 pm

I'm Larryloo's OH, we submitted our EOI 3.4.13 and got selected that pool - our ITA arrived today 19.4.13 ����������������� ��������������
Bring on the paper work...

moonie2011 Apr 19th 2013 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by ukarchitect (Post 10668240)
I'm Larryloo's OH, we submitted our EOI 3.4.13 and got selected that pool - our ITA arrived today 19.4.13 ����������������� ��������������
Bring on the paper work...

Aah, congratulations, we got our WTR visas today, now all the packing and organising etc, going end of may :thumbsup:

ukarchitect Apr 19th 2013 5:55 pm

Excellent well done. On yer way then how exciting.
I heard from the WTR case officer Wednesday needing degree & diploma certificates as they couldn't accept NZQA PAR as evidence !?! and they wanted a better presented work offer. Got them back yesterday..,

moonie2011 Apr 20th 2013 6:47 am

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: