British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   How long is an accepted EOI valid for? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/how-long-accepted-eoi-valid-635915/)

Mach Oct 15th 2009 7:43 pm

How long is an accepted EOI valid for?

Hi guys,

Just wondering of anyone knows how long a positive EOI (i.e., one that has been selected from the pool) is valid for before you must take it to the next stage? I've found sources on the Internet that say both six and 12 months.

Sorry if this has been answered in another thread...

Thanks in advance!

garfield250 Oct 15th 2009 7:55 pm

Re: How long is an accepted EOI valid for?

If your EOI has been selected from the pool it continues to be valid whilst further enquiries are made prior to a decision on whether an ITA will be issued. There is no set time limit on how long this may take.

If for some reason the EOI is returned to the pool because the immigration staff have found a discrepency then it is valid for 6 months from the date of re entry into the pool. After 6 months, if it has not been selected the EOI is withdrawn and you will need to reapply.

The NZIS website will have all the details on validity etc.

Mach Oct 15th 2009 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by garfield250 (Post 8019692)
If your EOI has been selected from the pool it continues to be valid whilst further enquiries are made prior to a decision on whether an ITA will be issued. There is no set time limit on how long this may take.

If for some reason the EOI is returned to the pool because the immigration staff have found a discrepency then it is valid for 6 months from the date of re entry into the pool. After 6 months, if it has not been selected the EOI is withdrawn and you will need to reapply.

The NZIS website will have all the details on validity etc.

Perfect! That's what I hoped for.

Thanks for the help.

teeym Oct 19th 2009 9:40 am

Just to throw a spanner in the works, we were given a date from our EOI being accepted to the point where everything for the ITA needed to be submitted which was exactly 4 months. Due to issues getting the medical done, Immi NZ gave us a one month extension, but once the date passes, we'd be ejected from the process and back to stage 1.

Once all of the ITA stuff is in, then as far as I'm aware there is no timescale, other than waiting for Immi NZ to decide whether to say 'yes' or 'no'.

LukeandJo Oct 19th 2009 3:45 pm

If an EOI has been selected then all the necessary checks, surely, have been done.

teeym Oct 19th 2009 6:04 pm

Not as far as I'm aware - the EOI is the first stage where you submit yourself for entry to "the pool". Once out of that, you're at the ITA stage which requires all the police checks, medicals etc to be submitted. There's no point getting all of these done at the EOI stage as they are time bound and you may end up having to get them done twice if you don't get out of the pool in time.

Kija Oct 20th 2009 10:31 am

I'm certainly no expert in these matters but to quote my immigration consultant:

INZ, like any other country will do everything and anything to protect its borders and therefore, like any other country they will keep on changing their Law, by-laws, rules, regulation and criteria. Sometimes the one change will affect only a certain portion of migrants and sometimes it will affect a major portion. The success is that migrants should take the leap of faith when the opportunity is there and ride the wave full on, without stopping until the application is successful.
This was her reply when I expressed my worries about what happened with OH's little brother, he had applied for Australia and was supposed to go this year, he was about to have his medicals done and they went and changed the laws and now his application won't even be processed till 2012 :(

If our EOI gets re-elected, we won't be risking it by delaying, even though we have so much to do if we leave. I wish I was there now, but realistically too soon, too fast wouldn't be too good for us!