How long?

Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice
Smile How long?

Going to NZ in August (hopefully) on a temp work visa.
Will be submitting EOI at same time (approx June '12) and aiming for PR at some point in the coming years.

How long could it be until we become NZ citizens and get a passport?

Thanks
Old Apr 5th 2012, 8:43 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long?

If you get a job offer the time for ITA to PR is approx 3mths from the UK, I believe if you are in NZ it can take longer you would have to look on the the https://www.immigration.govt.nz/ for timescales when you submit your ITA.
As for Citizenship you need to of lived in NZ for 5 years http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...en/default.htm
Old Apr 6th 2012, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

If I get PR on the basis of my job, what about my family? Does that allow my husband to stay and work too?
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjsebba View Post
If I get PR on the basis of my job, what about my family? Does that allow my husband to stay and work too?
Your PR application should be for the whole family so if you get PR the whole family does.
Work Visa's are different and I'm not that clued up on them so someone else may be able to help on that one. I think you would have to get hubby his own work visa and possibly student visa's for the children to attend school but as I said I'm not that sure.

Last edited by MrsFychan; Apr 6th 2012 at 8:53 pm. Reason: additional info added