How Long??

Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

welshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nice
Default How Long??

Hey Guys
I applied for P/R under partnership around 3 months ago,any idea how long it takes to come through? ive had a email saying they have received it and ive been giving a filing and client number,does that mean it has been they dont need anymore information off me?
Cheers Gavin
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:16 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How Long??

hi
As you can see from my signature mine took 7 months in total. I didn't even get allocated a case officer for 6 months, but once I did it moved pretty quickly. I belive that this is pretty typical.

If its any re-assurance, my CO told me that its very rare for an application under the partnership stream to be rejected once they are satisfied that the relationship is genuine.

Hope this helps

Last edited by NakiMan; Jul 13th 2009 at 6:26 am.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

welshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nice

Hey thanks for that,does that mean i will be informed when i get a c/o?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:52 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

I guess so.

I got a letter from my CO asking for some more info. Once I had supplied that she phoned me, out of the blue, we had a very informal chat and that was that. I got a written confirmation of my PR a couple of weeks later.

Can I ask what your status is in NZ? Are you here on a visitors permit or are you working?

Last edited by NakiMan; Jul 13th 2009 at 8:54 am.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Yes im am working,im on open permit which runs out in feb dont really want to go down that road again to get another one i:e medical costs ect,
so hopefully i should hear something soonish?
cheers