How Long...

Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:17 pm
Banned

aysh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Long...

Does any one know how long does the application process takes after EOI is completed? How do you know when you are supposed to start the process.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:35 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: How Long...

Aysh,

I think you need to read up on the basic steps of applying via the skilled migrant category. Take a look at http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...nd_Immigration which will give you a good overview of the process.

As far as the times it takes to process the paperwork -- even though the application process is fairly straightforward, the time that it takes to work get everything processed varies according to each individual's circumstances. Having said that, if you have a job offer that New Zealand considers 'skilled' you may find the process a bit quicker.

Sorry for the wishy-washy answer, but there you are. There's quite a large Indian community here in New Zealand. Perhaps you should contact some of the various Indian business organisations or cultural societies and find out what their members had to do to legally immigrate here.

Good luck.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:02 pm
Banned

aysh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Long...

Originally Posted by happynz
Aysh,

I think you need to read up on the basic steps of applying via the skilled migrant category. Take a look at http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...nd_Immigration which will give you a good overview of the process.

As far as the times it takes to process the paperwork -- even though the application process is fairly straightforward, the time that it takes to work get everything processed varies according to each individual's circumstances. Having said that, if you have a job offer that New Zealand considers 'skilled' you may find the process a bit quicker.

Sorry for the wishy-washy answer, but there you are. There's quite a large Indian community here in New Zealand. Perhaps you should contact some of the various Indian business organisations or cultural societies and find out what their members had to do to legally immigrate here.

Good luck.
Hi

Thanks for your help.. it is really appreciated. I have a few more questions, if you can please be patient and answer

What does NZ mean by "Skilled". I currently work in a Senior level position in Administration, Executive Assistant for a large Indian Company. Does this mean skilled in any way?