How to go about it

Old May 20th 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

charlie6363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to go about it

could do with extra info
My sister and I are both 18 and our mum is 55, we have began researching in to moving to new zealand, and found our mum cant get a skilled worker visa, she works as a rehabilitation asssistant, and has been in her current job role for over 10 years, my sister and I however have little work experience in a field, and are both starting uni in september, does anyone have any advice on the route we should take to move together, we also have 3 dogs, it would be good to hear from anyone who has shipped a dog out with them.
Old May 20th 2013, 10:36 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to go about it

do you mean your mum CAN get a skilled work visa?

if you and your sister are dependent on her and can prove that you can come over with her on her visa but you do need to make sure you has enough points to apply.

get your mum to fill out an EOI or points indicator
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/
on the Immigration website and let us know what point she gets

but I would assume that without a job offer she might not meet the 140 needed for a automatic selection.

Last edited by MrsFychan; May 20th 2013 at 10:42 am.
Old May 20th 2013, 10:38 am
Just Joined

thankyou for such a quick response!, we dont think she can because of her age, i will get her to fill that out, thankyou
Old May 20th 2013, 10:45 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

the points indicator does state upto 55 so she may just still be within the range .

but as I said think she will need a job offer and also I had a quick look on the skills list for rehabilitation asssistant and couldn't see it, but then I have very few hits when people say their occupation are on the lists so must be something I do wrong.

what ANZSCO code do you get for that occupation?
Old May 20th 2013, 10:52 am
Just Joined

she turns 56 next month its in the health sector, she like cares for people with brain injurys, 423313 that could be the code , we were wondering what classes as a close family member, we have an uncle and antie who live out there
Old May 20th 2013, 11:02 am

sorry having parents out here doesn't even get an easy ride for adult children so aunts and uncles aren't going to be much help I'm afraid.

if you do the points indicator what points do you get?

maybe if your mums gets enough points and submits before she turns 56 she could get selected
Old May 20th 2013, 11:17 am
Just Joined

damn, filling it out on her behalf she scored 95, my sister and i could go on a working holiday visa, but we wouldnt get a skilled migrant visa. if our mum applied for a job there and was successful would she be able to take it, or would she still need a skilled migrant visa to work in new zealand?
really appreciate your help
Old May 20th 2013, 8:06 pm

you need a visa to be able to work. so it would be job offer then apply for visa, once visa has been approved then she can start work. if she gets a job offer and they want her to start straight away she may be able to get a temp work visa.

I personally would call Immigration in London to see if there are other options for your mum as I'm not aware of all available visas so there might be another way in for her

good luck