How do I find out if I'm eligible?

Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:08 am
Just Joined

gal122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I find out if I'm eligible?

Hi there

After a several setbacks migrating to Australia, I am now thinking of New Zealand!

Can anyone please tell me how do I find out if I am eligible for a skilled migrant visa? I tried to look for it in the NZ immigration website but no luck. I'm 30 from the UK and I currently work as a Program Administrator. Also I have an Australian Diploma.

Thanks.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I find out if I'm eligible?

Link to the Skilled Migrant Category on the NZIS website

First thing to do is look on the Essential Skills listings and see if your occupation is there. Open the link and you'll find the lists to the right of the page under toolbox.

Next step is to check that your qualifications will match the level that NZIS require for the occupation. You can check this both with the Essential Skills list and ANSCO listings. Again to the right under toolbox.

Next , do the Points Indicator and see how many points you could have.

You need a minimum of 100 with 140 and over being far better. The more points the better.

The above is for permanent NZ residency.

If you simply wish to come to work for a couple of years, you will need a job offer first and then you apply for a temporary work visa. Yours skill, quals should match the job offer.