How did you present the ITA?

Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Question How did you present the ITA?

Did you just follow the order given and end up with huge pile of paperwork and stick it in an envelope or did you use the sections from the tool kit and put the papers between each section? (It says don't use a file. )
Or did you use a another way?

And... if you took the application to NZ House what happened, how long did it take to queue and hand it over and were they ok to give you your passports back?
Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:52 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How did you present the ITA?

Originally Posted by helinuk
Did you just follow the order given and end up with huge pile of paperwork and stick it in an envelope or did you use the sections from the tool kit and put the papers between each section? (It says don't use a file. )
Or did you use a another way?

And... if you took the application to NZ House what happened, how long did it take to queue and hand it over and were they ok to give you your passports back?
Thanks
i used their list as a guide of what to put where and in what order. i used bright yellow card to divide each section and on the front of the card I wrote what was contained in that section - eg, family photos, number 1 - DP and father in law, number 2 a valentines card 1999, number 3 family BBQ 2001 etc etc. Police certificates - nothing to report. Medicals - nothing to report. Qualifications - BSc and BA in IT etc etc.

I had an old box file lying around without the innards and used that contain all our paperwork. (didnt have an envelope big enough - cost about £18 to post!!)

dont forget to include photocopies behind each section. passports etc dont have to have certified copies as long as you are supplying the originals for them to check.

dont forget a covering letter - we are a family of 4, we work in IT have this and that to offer, really looking forward to it, etc with love.

:-)

HTH - kate
(bit of a rushed reply sorry about that)

ps - i posted ours special delivery, they wrote back confirming receipt
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:33 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Posted ours this morning. did what it said on the list plus the photocopies. also put in special delivery SAE with payment already on it. tried to make it as easy as we could for them
Old Jan 19th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Posted ours this morning. did what it said on the list plus the photocopies. also put in special delivery SAE with payment already on it. tried to make it as easy as we could for them
Brill.
Many thanks to Kate and Sir E. just what we wanted to hear!
Hx
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
We enclosed SAE prepaid for special delivery, they didn't even use it. They just sent stuff back by standard post - abit worrying with passports and all your ID.

Photocopy everything you send, they'e been known to mislay documents.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:40 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I handed in our ITA at the Christchurch office of NZIS. In one stack were the originals in the order requested in the checklist. In the other stack were the photocopies in exactly the same order as the originals. Both stacks were held together with those massive paperclips you see in most offices. I walked into the office, fished both piles of paperwork out of the all purpose handy-dandy yellow Pak 'n' Save plastic shopping bag and handed the stuff over to the woman at the counter.
The next day I got a call to pick up the originals. After work I went to the NZIS office and the woman that I handed the documents and photocopies to handed me back the originals and said, "Thanks. That was really well organised."

Three weeks later we had the blue stickies in passports. It would have been sooner but we had to wait the mandatory three weeks for the NZIS quack to sign off about some anomaly on my wife's med cert. An acquaintance of mine from Argentina had her and her husband's ITA processed in less than a week.

My hat's off to the bureaucrats in the Christchurch NZIS office. For office pukes, you are A-OK!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:22 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

We delivered ours down to NZ house on Thursday

Went straight to the desk (no queue). Counter staff took it from us, went through it and did a quick check, looking for anything that may require more info, certified the photocopies, gave us back the originals and that was that!!!!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
We delivered ours down to NZ house on Thursday

Went straight to the desk (no queue). Counter staff took it from us, went through it and did a quick check, looking for anything that may require more info, certified the photocopies, gave us back the originals and that was that!!!!
Hiya just found your PM
... and replied.
Hx