How to add Partner later

Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:39 am
Just Joined

HungryMinder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to add Partner later

Hi,

I am applying for the Expression of Interest.Still I am single.But we have planned to get married end of the year.But I need to submit the EOI before that.So I am unable to add my partner in that application.

So is there a way to add her later? after we get married.Or If I got the visa can I bring her to NZ?

Hope your reply
Thanks
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to add Partner later

There is no easy way to add her later. It would be much easier to include your partner now - the immigration service are looking for enduring relationships or one year or more and do not care if you are married or not. If you can prove evidence of a relationship now, then put her on now, would be my advice.

If you get a visa it does not follow that you can "bring" her - she will need to apply separately, if you have not included her in your EOI. And marriage itself is not enough proof for the immigration service, they want proof that it is an enduring relationship, same as above.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

At the time I applied my EOI, I was in the "early stages" of a relationship with my kiwi partner as I wasn't sure it if was going to get serious or not. I put down "single/never married". When my ITA came, I changed it to "partner" so it's better to declare before it become messy later on.

By the time you have submitted your EOI and that you receive your ITA, you have 4 months to lodge your application. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Claire
Old Sep 19th 2010, 2:51 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes marriage is irrelevant in the eyes of NZ immigration, you need to have lived together for over 12 months [married or not] for both of you to gain residency. She could apply for a temp work visa under partnership if you have not lived together long enough at the time of application.
You should include her in your application as it will be difficult to explain an previously unmentioned wife at a later date. You will still need to prove you are in a stable and genuine relationship

R2.1.15 When may partners included in an application be issued with a residence visa or granted a residence permit?
a.
For a 'partner' included in an application to be issued with a residence visa or granted a residence permit a visa or immigration officer must be satisfied that they meet ‘Partnership’ policy requirements which are:
i
the principal applicant and partner are living together in a genuine and stable partnership (see F2.10.1), and
ii
the couple have been living together in such a relationship for 12 months or more at the time the application is assessed, and
iii
the partnership meets the minimum requirements for the recognition of partnerships set out at F2.15 in that:

the couple were both aged 18 years or older at the time the application for residence was made, or if aged 16 or 17 years old have the support of their parent(s) or guardian(s), and

the couple have met prior to the application being made, and

they are not close relatives (see F2.15(d)).
b.
When assessing if the duration of partnership requirement in a. ii above is met visa and immigration officers may include any period immediately prior to any marriage where they are satisfied the couple was living together in an interdependent partnership akin to a marriage.
R2.1.15.1 What happens if a visa or immigration officer is not satisfied that a couple are living together in a partnership that is genuine and stable?
If a visa or immigration officer is not satisfied the principal applicant and partner included in the application are living together in a partnership that is genuine and stable, then:
a.
the partner will not be issued a residence visa or granted a residence permit; and
b.
if the principal applicant is reliant on:
i
the attributes of their partner included in the application, or
ii
the family relationship of their partner included in the application,
those attributes or relationships will not be taken into account when determining eligibility of the principal applicant under Government Residence policy
R2.1.15.5 What happens if the partnership is considered to be genuine and stable but is less than the 12 months required?
a.
If a visa or immigration officer is satisfied the principal applicant and partner included in the application are living together in a partnership that is genuine and stable, but the duration of that partnership is less than the 12 months required, then:
i
in any case where the grant of residence to a principal applicant is reliant on the relationship with or attributes of their partner the application must be declined under Government Residence policy, or
ii
in any case where the grant of residence to a principal applicant is not reliant on the relationship with or attributes of their partner the visa or immigration officer may proceed with processing the principal applicant for residence but defer the final decision on the partner to enable the qualifying period to be met.
b.
If a partner’s application for residence has been deferred as described in (a)(ii) above they may be issued with a work visa or granted a work permit (once an application has been made) for a period sufficient to enable the qualifying period to be met and any further assessment of their residence application to be completed (see WF2.20).
Old Sep 20th 2010, 5:14 am
Just Joined

HungryMinder is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the late reply.

We have not lived together for 12 months and I cannot prove that.But if I am lucky when I submit my ITA I can add her.As one of you replied to me.
Is that ok and will they asking me why didn't you add her when you submit the EOI

She can apply for work permit??

She didnt have enough qualification and still she is following her degree.Cant apply as a student because has to show lots of money in our bank accounts.

Guys any idea?

Thanks
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

scjbutler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey HungryMinder, hope you dont mind me jumping on board as this is related!

This is a bit confusing..
I have an ITA, however my EOI had my ex on it, who will be removed.

I now have a new partner, however we do not live together so she cannot be part of my application. She is actually considering doing a one year working holiday visa and spending some time in NZ, with the hope that we can both live ther together sometime.

From what I gather from this thread, its not possible to add a partner later-on, unless the partner is included on the ITA?

Should I include her, hoping that they will give us time to meet the reqiurements? Could these requirements be met on a one year working visa?

Arrrgh!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 4:28 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds a bit brave to migrate with someone you've been with less than a year.....IMHO....
Old Sep 25th 2010, 8:59 am
Just Joined

scjbutler is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats an assumption!