House valuation query re parent category

Old Sep 8th 2016, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Anniebig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House valuation query re parent category

Hi Could anyone help me with a query I have regarding my application under the parent category. For settlement funds I have to supply the documents listed below

• original title deeds, and
• a recent valuation report for your property from an independent registered adviser, and • mortgage documents or statements showing any liability incurred on the property.

So the question is would it be acceptable for an estate agent to provide this or does it have to be a surveyor?
I tried ringing NZ immigration but I was number 60 in the queue! I will try again but was wondering if anyone else had used a valuation that was provided by an estate agent and if it was accepted.
Thanks in advance for any help
Old Sep 8th 2016, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House valuation query re parent category

Not much help, but I would suspect that it depends on how near the cut off the valuation is likely to be. Of you are within say £50,000 of it not being enough (depending on exchange rates) then a valuation by a surveyor might be a good idea.

If it is twice the required amount then a couple of links to RightMove and an email from an Estate Agent might be enough.

If the settlement figure is $500,000 NZD then anything over £300,000 UKP should be more or less O.K. I suspect.

However, as in all things, rules are rules.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 5:54 am
Just Joined

Anniebig is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that and I have it confirmed by NZ immigration that an estate agents valuation is fine and they also suggested to include a rates bill (council tax bill). I had completely forgotten that is banded on price of property. So that has saved a few pennies as I was thinking it may have to be provided by a surveyor.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 8:34 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

good news, something to remember