Hoping to move in 4 months?

Old Feb 20th 2014, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

JerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to all
Default Re: Hoping to move in 4 months?

Originally Posted by M_and_M
I would be surprised if you didn't have restrictions.

We have been married with joint address etc for 11 years, and we have travel restrictions for two years.
I've been told by my CO it's a PRV and the only restriction is to enter NZ within 12 months to 'activate it'. This is because I'm married to a Kiwi and meet the requirements as quoted by Persephone further up.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 8:25 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

another member on here is married to a Kiwi and they still had to apply for the 2 yr renewal. think they had to get a temp visa to get back into the country after going on holiday as they were not aware of the 2yr requirement.
so I would budget it in to costs and check before the 2 yrs is up
Old Feb 21st 2014, 12:46 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

My understanding from the NZIS manual, that as the NZ citizen has been outside of NZ for 5 years and the partnership has been for 5 years, then the OP will be issued a residency class visa. No travel conditions attached.

If under 5 years then conditions will apply.

However, this is just my reading the manual. Actual partners of Kiwis may say different

Eligibility for a permanent resident visa for partners of New Zealand citizens living overseas
  1. A principal applicant may be granted a permanent resident visa (RA1.5) if:
    1. they meet all the other criteria for a residence class visa under the Partnership Category; and
    2. they have a New Zealand citizen partner who has been residing outside New Zealand for a period of at least five years at the time the application is made; and
    3. the couple have been living together in a genuine and stable relationship for at least five years at the time the application is made.
  2. To meet the requirements of a(ii) above, the New Zealand citizen partner must either be
    1. outside New Zealand at the time the application is made; or
    2. have been in New Zealand for less than three months after residing outside New Zealand for at least five years at the time the application is made.
Any applicants who do not meet the criteria set out in this section but who meet all other requirements of the Partnership Category should be granted a resident visa
Old Mar 1st 2014, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

JerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to all

They sent my passport back with the visa in it today. I've been given a permanent residence visa with no restrictions so I can come and go as required indefinitely.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 8:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If that was a question, then , yes.

Congratulations.