Hoping to move in 4 months?

Old Dec 21st 2013, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

JerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to all
Default Hoping to move in 4 months?

Hi, I've been offered a job in Christchurch starting at the end of April. I'm waiting for the paperwork to arrive but given that my wife is a Kiwi I'm going ahead and applying for a residence visa under family partnership. We've been married and living together for more than 5 years and have proof of shared address going back that far along with holiday bookings,emails, bank statements, family photos, marriage certificate and birth certificate for our son. I'm also getting letters of support from family/friends. Should this be enough evidence or would I be better off waiting and applying for a work visa?
Old Dec 21st 2013, 9:35 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoping to move in 4 months?

think that would cover it for the family category.
No harm in looking at the work visa to see if you are eligible
Old Dec 21st 2013, 11:28 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as you are applying for a visa, you might as well apply for a family category visa. If your prospective employer would have paid for your visa, would they still pay for your family category visa if that's what you go for ? No worries about enough points for your visa if you get your family category visa. Also, you will probably get Permanent Residency with entry restrictions into NZ for the first two years. After two years, you may be eligible for Permanent Residency with unlimited entry i.e. returns to NZ. After five years residence in NZ and all criteria are met, you can apply for NZ citizenship.

My husband is a kiwi and I have PR from my family category visa. We arrived in NZ February 2011.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Dec 21st 2013 at 11:38 pm. Reason: more detail
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 9:04 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

foreign national partners of New Zealand citizens (and the partner’s dependent children) where:
the New Zealand citizen has been living overseas for at least five years, or has been in New Zealand for three months or less after living overseas for at least five years, and
the partnership has been ongoing for at least five years.
If this applies then you will be granted a Permanent Resident Visa right from the start. You will not have the travel conditions that snap shot mentioned.
Have a look at the INZ website for processing times for partner residence application, if it's likely to come through in time then no point paying for a work visa. This assumes you want to stay in NZ long term
Can't look it up myself due to being in hotel with slow internet
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

JerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to all

Thanks for the info, I've spoken to INZ and the family residence takes between 1-3 months but is closer to 3 months at the moment due to time of year but it offers me more flexibility even if it does cost more.

For me the work visa would probably be a talent/sponsored one due to my job as it doesn't appear on the skills shortage list.

Persephone I think we have enough evidence going back 5 years for me to get permanent residence straight off but I'll be happy just getting a visa granted in time for end of April arrival. The plan is for a permanent move as the opportunities in the job are good and NZ is where we want to be.

Merry Christmas to you all
Old Dec 25th 2013, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Lb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to behold

Hi. I hve to had my visa approved - partnership. 10yrs married. Gave letters dating back 5 yrs. photos of family events. Kids birth cert. marriage cert
I applied 14/11/13 - my letter said 10-12wks. However I haven't got my passport back yet and my case officer away till 6/1/14. Reckon it'll hve taken 7wks by the. Time I get my passport. I hve kids starting Sch in January so not sure if that made a dif. Good luck. X
Old Dec 29th 2013, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar schedule. My residency wouldn't have been back in time before my start date so I also applied for a temp work visa, which was back insider 5 days, then the residency came through later, and I went to the nearest office to have it put in, in nZ. Have a look at my blog for the time schedule.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hopefully I'll be getting my medical certificate from the doctor's early this week so my application should be going in within a week.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sent my application today, so it should be with them on Monday. Now to sort everything else out as soon as I get my contract paperwork.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

I heard from my CO yesterday as I forgot to get my wife to sign something and they need some originals of utility bills I sent, they tell me this is all they need to finish the process their end.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Just got a letter from my CO stating my residence visa has been approved in principal. now I can finish sorting out everything else.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:39 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

great news, hope the secondary checker agrees
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

They did, probably should have said they sent me the migrant levy form which I've posted back, so just need to wait for my passport to be stamped and sent back.

They didn't state which but hopefully it's the permanent visa without travel restrictions as my CO was satisfied we've been living together in a relationship for at least 5 years.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

I would be surprised if you didn't have restrictions.

We have been married with joint address etc for 11 years, and we have travel restrictions for two years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.