Holiday whilst work visa is processed

Old Jan 29th 2017, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

jinjan22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday whilst work visa is processed

Hi
Can anyone answer this query for me. Can my mother In law come to New Zealand on a visitor visa as a British Citizen while awaiting her work visa being processed.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 5:34 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday whilst work visa is processed

Yes but she would need to show an outward journey or she would not be able to board the plane as visitor visa does not give you right to remain only 6 month stay to holiday.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Would a ticket to Australia be ok as she wouldn't use it as once work visa is through she will be starting work right away.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 2:43 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

if you get a flexible one then you can always cancel it, but yes any onward flight will do
Old Jan 30th 2017, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that. Means we can all travel out together.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 5:36 pm

thats what we did, MrF was already here and working on a temp work visa whilst the PR was being processed, myself and the kids came out on visitors visas with him and got approval in principal roughly 3 weeks after we arrived. We transferred the application over to Wellington for the stamps to be put in. this was with the full knowledge of Immigration as we had to request that they send the application over. They consulted with the Wellington office and it was given the go ahead. We did however have a return flight to the UK as it was always our intention to go back after 6 months for family gatherings and some medical appointments.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jinjan22
Would a ticket to Australia be ok as she wouldn't use it as once work visa is through she will be starting work right away.
Still technically a one way ticket though in the airlines eyes who also need convincing to Australia via NZ so possibly just easy buy a return and discard the return part as possibly not much price difference anyway.

Last edited by PB65; Jan 30th 2017 at 8:32 pm.