Holiday Visa seeking employment

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

jonesyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday Visa seeking employment

Hi

If my family and I went to NZ on a holiday visa and found employment can we apply for a working visa whilst there?
Has anyone done this at all?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: Holiday Visa seeking employment

Originally Posted by jonesyd View Post
Hi

If my family and I went to NZ on a holiday visa and found employment can we apply for a working visa whilst there?
Has anyone done this at all?
Would you need a holiday visa in the first place?
If you are offered employment during your holiday then you are not permitted to work but can apply for a working visa/permit, applications can be submitted at any stage. However there is no guarantee that your application will be completed prior to your holiday finishing and you having to return to your native country.