Holiday for 6 months do i need anything?

Old May 13th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

NIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the rough
Default Holiday for 6 months do i need anything?

Hi all

I am going to NZ and read on website that i can stay for up to 6 months without needing to apply for a holiday visa.

Does anyone know is there anything else i need to do? i know i have to book a return ticket but not sure what else??

cheers
Old May 13th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday for 6 months do i need anything?

You will be able to stay in New Zealand for 6 months on a visitors visa.

You don't say what age you are or whether you would like to do seasonal work.
Old May 13th 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

NIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the rough

hi there

i am 35 and i wount be doing seasonal work, im hoping to look for work out there and then get temp work permit.

how do i get the visa?

thanks
Old May 13th 2008, 11:22 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

If you come into New Zealand for a holiday, you would be given a 6 month visitors visa. You cannot work under this visa. You would need to book onward passage.

Should you happen to decide you would like to stay and managed to find a job , then you would apply for a temporary work permit. It is a job offer first and then an application for a work permit after.
Old May 13th 2008, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

thank you for that info!

just one more question, how do i get the 6 months visitor visa?
Old May 13th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

You simply book your passage / air ticket to New Zealand and on entry you should be granted the 6 month visitors visa.

It is a stamp in your passport when you enter NZ. That is all.

edit

this is provided you are coming from the UK.

edit again

funny thing... i used to know a Pip Snell
Old May 13th 2008, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

thats brilliant! and yes im coming from UK..... i cant wait!

Snell is not a very common name but i know we've not got a Pip in our family :-)

thank for your info !
Old May 14th 2008, 9:49 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nikki

You need to make sure you have a minimum of 3 months in your passport from your RETURN date

There are some other things worth considering too.

Look here
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...isit/visitors/

Hope that helps
Old May 14th 2008, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Kev&sarah

i have just checked that out and learnt loads of info!!!

thank you !!!