Hiya! You guessed it, I have qu's.

Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:21 am
Claire.W.

Claireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the rough
Smile Hiya! You guessed it, I have qu's.

Hello (How i'm feeling at the moment. Equally very excited!)

I need to find out about Visa applications for New Zealand, My husband and I have our medicals, police checks, and I have a job offer as a nurse with a start date of 27th March!

I have been waiting for my registration number to come through for nursing in NZ before applying for the Visa, and was told this was posted yesterday, so should arrive here (UK) middle of next week (finally, taken a very long time)

As my start date is 27th March we will need Visa asap, we're thinking of taking a trip to London, but I have a few questions because its all very confusing

The Visa we will be going for is the Work Visa,

If we go to London, basically, what happens?

Do we hand in application and then have to wait for our passport to be stamped?

If so does anyone know how long this takes for a Work Visa with job offer?

On the website for the NZ house in London it says they can't process couples
applications on the same day? any info on peoples experiences?

would really apprecite feedback,

Cheers
Clairex
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hiya! You guessed it, I have qu's.

Originally Posted by Claireisclass
Hello (How i'm feeling at the moment. Equally very excited!)

I need to find out about Visa applications for New Zealand, My husband and I have our medicals, police checks, and I have a job offer as a nurse with a start date of 27th March!

I have been waiting for my registration number to come through for nursing in NZ before applying for the Visa, and was told this was posted yesterday, so should arrive here (UK) middle of next week (finally, taken a very long time)

As my start date is 27th March we will need Visa asap, we're thinking of taking a trip to London, but I have a few questions because its all very confusing

The Visa we will be going for is the Work Visa,

If we go to London, basically, what happens?

Do we hand in application and then have to wait for our passport to be stamped?

If so does anyone know how long this takes for a Work Visa with job offer?

On the website for the NZ house in London it says they can't process couples
applications on the same day? any info on peoples experiences?

would really apprecite feedback,

Cheers
Clairex
Hi Claire,
is it a temporary work visa you are applying for? We took all our stuff into London on the Monday and had the visas back on the Friday.
Deb
Old Mar 10th 2007, 12:06 pm
Claire.W.

Claireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hiya! You guessed it, I have qu's.

Originally Posted by phil01
Hi Claire,
is it a temporary work visa you are applying for? We took all our stuff into London on the Monday and had the visas back on the Friday.
Deb
Hiya

Sorry for the delay replying, been a very busy week!! Thank you for your reply, we're going to try and get to london on the sunday night and hand in visa application monday morning, in order to allow for approx 5 days. Its a general work visa we're going for (2yr).

Thanks

Claire