British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Hiya (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/hiya-425840/)

Claireisclass Feb 11th 2007 3:10 pm

Hiya

Hello to everyone,

I've been reading many forums, gathering info and thought it was about time I joined in.

My husband Scott and I will be moving to Auckland, hopefully in March 2007. I am a nurse. Scott has visited Auckland before and will probably be getting a job in the wine trade, or to be honest whatever he can get when we arrive.
I joined an agency who found me a job at Mercy Ascot in Remuera. However, the New Zealand nursing council (NZNC) are still processing my application for registration (6 months on) and claiming I haven't sent documents :confused: delaying the whole process. We have our medicals, a job offer and police checks.

I finish work on 6th March and our lease for our current rented house runs out on the 12th March, as you can imagine panic is setting in as we need our visa and the NZNC are not being particularly quick.

I was wondering if anybody knows whether we could go out to NZ without the visa and then apply whilst we're over there?

Also, I have been advised to apply for a work visa not PR, once my registration for the NZNC comes through I don't see a problem with starting EOI now, having all documents ready in gaining residence, anyone know of any reasons I couldn't do this?

Thanks for reading, :thumbup:

Jack The Lad Feb 11th 2007 7:08 pm

Re: Hiya

Welcome to the site :)

I cannot help ref the visa stuff but if you ask your question in the NZ visa forum they will help you out.

Good luck and happy posting :D

poppets Feb 11th 2007 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Claireisclass (Post 4390058)
Hello to everyone,

I've been reading many forums, gathering info and thought it was about time I joined in.

My husband Scott and I will be moving to Auckland, hopefully in March 2007. I am a nurse. Scott has visited Auckland before and will probably be getting a job in the wine trade, or to be honest whatever he can get when we arrive.
I joined an agency who found me a job at Mercy Ascot in Remuera. However, the New Zealand nursing council (NZNC) are still processing my application for registration (6 months on) and claiming I haven't sent documents :confused: delaying the whole process. We have our medicals, a job offer and police checks.

I finish work on 6th March and our lease for our current rented house runs out on the 12th March, as you can imagine panic is setting in as we need our visa and the NZNC are not being particularly quick.

I was wondering if anybody knows whether we could go out to NZ without the visa and then apply whilst we're over there?

Also, I have been advised to apply for a work visa not PR, once my registration for the NZNC comes through I don't see a problem with starting EOI now, having all documents ready in gaining residence, anyone know of any reasons I couldn't do this?

hi & welcome , there's loads of nurses on here (dannyf, donnaf, boopy, gill & rob, karonious) to name but as few all of whom will be happy to help

karonious Feb 13th 2007 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Claireisclass (Post 4390058)
Hello to everyone,

Can't offer any help, only reassurance: once you have your registration, landing a nursing post should be no problem whatsoever: I honestly think you could front up at a hospital and enquire about a job, be offered an interview the next day and be accepted the following day. This wasn't my own route: I had a telphone interview by 4 people when I was still in the UK..but having heard my ward manager discuss the same situation today - go for it!

Claireisclass Feb 13th 2007 1:51 pm

Thank You

Hiya,

Thanks for your replies and I intend to continue finding my way around the forum and will be posting more.

I've been reading of peoples experiences it's a very useful way of getting an objective view of a place you have never been to. I think it's a valuable source of information and has definately helped me so far, trying to get my head around things e.t.c

Cheers:D

P.s Karonius, my phone interview was only with two people, don't know if I could have concentrated on four Kiwi accents over the phone!