HI Working holiday Query

Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:47 am
Just Joined

bronxie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HI Working holiday Query

hi Im helen

want some advice plz, my daughter applied for a New zealand working holiday permit/visa, her flight is due to leave on 27th October for Nz but her permit says pending . Im a NZ resident and her mum, if she comes with a pending visa will they let her in the country for holiday until visa is approved, she is a United Kingdom born so holds UK passport. please advise as im at my wits end.

many thanks
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:53 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HI Working holiday Query

Hi bronxie,

Welcome to BE.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I've moved your thread from our Welcome Inn to our New Zealand forum for you, and hopefully someone will be along soon who has some experience with this.

But welcome to BE. You must be very excited that your daughter will soon be joining you.

Sue
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: HI Working holiday Query

Hi,

Many thanks for help, yes im really excited as not seen her in 2 years and now im really worried they wont let her in when she lands this coming Saturday I did not realise my being a resident would cause so many problems for my children to visit me. And the immagration people keep pushing me from pillar to post so im hoping someone here will be able to help
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

Your supposed to be outside of the country when a WHV is given. Mine took 3 days online.
It would be anyones guess if they spot that your Daughter has a WHV outstanding when she arrived. Guess it my flash on the system.

Also if you come on a Visitors visa you need either return flight or proof of onward travel. (cheapy to Oz would do the trick).
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

I wouldnt have thought you being a resident would have any bearing on it? Sucks if it does.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:37 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

How long ago did she apply for a WHV? My understanding is it does not take long to be issued.

Does your daughter have a return ticket? Or score a cheap flight OZ leaving in NZ in within three months under her name. Then she will be able to enter as a visitor.

You might be better asking this question on the lonely Planet travellers forum, they have a dedicated AUS/NZ branch.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...spa?forumID=10
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:40 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rason
I wouldnt have thought you being a resident would have any bearing on it? Sucks if it does.
The fact that the OP is a resident, does not have any bearing on her daughters right of entry. She just has to meet the entry requirements like everyone else.

Sounds like the issuing of the WHV has thrown a spanner in the works, although we do not know how long ago she did apply for one.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

doesnt change the fact that you cant get (or not supposed to at least) get a WHV whilst you are in NZ cant change a Visitor visa to a WHV. (would have to have an Aussie Hol
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rason
doesnt change the fact that you cant get (or not supposed to at least) get a WHV whilst you are in NZ cant change a Visitor visa to a WHV. (would have to have an Aussie Hol
hi she applies on 2nd of october 2011 got a email asking for verification as she did not seem like a bona fida applicant due to myself having residency, so sent email with all her plans plus her banks account for2000 uk pounds was sent email by her case manager saying she would have answer by 21/10/11 still no reply to date and sent her another email , my daughter has decided to catch her flight to NZ on thurs and she does have a return ticket back home .
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Catchafire
The fact that the OP is a resident, does not have any bearing on her daughters right of entry. She just has to meet the entry requirements like everyone else.

Sounds like the issuing of the WHV has thrown a spanner in the works, although we do not know how long ago she did apply for one.
hi she applies on 2nd of october 2011 got a email asking for verification as she did not seem like a bona fida applicant due to myself having residency, so sent email with all her plans plus her banks account for2000 uk pounds was sent email by her case manager saying she would have answer by 21/10/11 still no reply to date and sent her another email , my daughter has decided to catch her flight to NZ on thurs and she does have a return ticket back home .