British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Hi moving soon. Now stressing!! any advise welcome. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/hi-moving-soon-now-stressing-any-advise-welcome-477401/)

millie-pidge Aug 28th 2007 1:25 pm

Hi moving soon. Now stressing!! any advise welcome.

Hi all

This is my first posting, but I have beenl ooking on here for a while.

I am a midwife and nearly have a job offer in Whakatane Hospital bay of plenty.
We had our EOI selected 18/7 with 150 points, but have been waiting since. Now really starting to worry as need to be in New Zealand soon.

We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago and it sold within 2 weeks! We were expecting it to take months. Consequently we want to be flying out to NZ oct 1/2 term if all goes well! Our buyers are evry keen to move in soon and there is no chain either way.

Our main problem is immigration. With a job offer does anyone know how long it usually take to process the residency application? We have our medicals and police checks already. If oit is going to take longer than we would like we were thinking of just goijng for tempory work permits while the residency is on going. Has anyone got experience of that? Is that alot quicker.

Also having problems deciding to ship everything or, just bare essentials. Any advise welcome. :thumbsup:

happynz Aug 28th 2007 5:45 pm

Re: Hi moving soon. Now stressing!! any advise welcome.

It sounds like you have everything ready to go. Have you received your Invitation to Apply (ITA)? If so, get that bugger bunged in. If you haven't received your ITA yet you need to get in touch with your case worker and have this person get the ITA out to you.

Good luck.

Trout Aug 28th 2007 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by millie-pidge (Post 5244420)
Hi all

This is my first posting, but I have beenl ooking on here for a while.

I am a midwife and nearly have a job offer in Whakatane Hospital bay of plenty.
We had our EOI selected 18/7 with 150 points, but have been waiting since. Now really starting to worry as need to be in New Zealand soon.

We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago and it sold within 2 weeks! We were expecting it to take months. Consequently we want to be flying out to NZ oct 1/2 term if all goes well! Our buyers are evry keen to move in soon and there is no chain either way.

Our main problem is immigration. With a job offer does anyone know how long it usually take to process the residency application? We have our medicals and police checks already. If oit is going to take longer than we would like we were thinking of just goijng for tempory work permits while the residency is on going. Has anyone got experience of that? Is that alot quicker.

Also having problems deciding to ship everything or, just bare essentials. Any advise welcome. :thumbsup:

My OH also had 150 points with a job offer and we got the PR 2 weeks after the ITA was lodged even though the case officer was on holiday! Different people will have different experiences though, so best send your ITA and all accompanying paperwork asap.

P2L Aug 29th 2007 12:34 am

Just posted this for someone else

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ssingtimes.htm

HTH
Sarah

millie-pidge Aug 29th 2007 10:30 pm

We have not heard anything from immigration. No ITA, or case worker. Does anyone know how I get that process moved forward. I will hopefully have an interview in the next week, but as yet we have 150 points with no job offer.
Are my hands tied until I have the job offer?

BEVS Aug 29th 2007 11:13 pm

As Sarah shows you with the link, the minute you have the job offer you should fax a copy through to NZIS using the number provided.They will prioritize your application and fast track it . Their aim would be that you are able to take up the position at the employment start date provided by the employer.

futurama Aug 30th 2007 6:58 pm

Hi millie-pidge, we did not get our PR visas in time, but NZIS fast tracked temporary visas as I had a job to start. Allthough we will have to pay twice for visas , it dosnt matter as we are here now. :thumbup::thumbup:

millie-pidge Aug 30th 2007 9:58 pm

Hi Thanks

We have have managed to fax immigration and they have advised us to get tempory visas, while our EOI interest is being processed. They thought it unlikley even with a job offer that There would be enough time.