Hi i have some questions..

Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Doogle is a jewel in the roughDoogle is a jewel in the roughDoogle is a jewel in the roughDoogle is a jewel in the roughDoogle is a jewel in the rough
Default Hi i have some questions..

Hey i have a few questions, im sorry if these have already been answered somewhere else, i just havent found them yet ok..

1) Is it easier for you and your partner to be married before immigrating to Nz or anywhere else for that matter?

2) although we havent visited NZ, we are seriously considering moving there at some point in the future, having read some peoples experiences of immigrating to NZ, it seems very easy, so my question is can i really just get on a plane, and so long as i have a return ticket stay there for 6months?

3) My boyfriend works in IT and has a degree with 3rd class honours, so fair enough he shouldn't have a problem getting in, I on the other hand didnt attend university but have worked for the last 3 yrs as a learning disabilities support worker, i have trawled through the list of skilled worker jobs listed and cannot find something that sounds similar to mine, will this be a problem?

And finally when doing your EOI do both of you need to do one or can you just do one form for both of you? Also i did an online points test on the main website and we only scored 100, will this cause difficulties? and should we come over an look for work and then apply?

Ok thanks!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:01 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hi i have some questions..

Originally Posted by Doogle
Hey i have a few questions, im sorry if these have already been answered somewhere else, i just havent found them yet ok..
OK, no problem.

1) Is it easier for you and your partner to be married before immigrating to NZ or anywhere else for that matter?
I can't say about anywhere else, but I know that New Zealand is OK with unmarried couples as long as the two can prove that they have been in a bona fide relationship for more than twelve months.

2) although we havent visited NZ, we are seriously considering moving there at some point in the future, having read some peoples experiences of immigrating to NZ, it seems very easy, so my question is can i really just get on a plane, and so long as i have a return ticket stay there for 6 months?
Yeah, assuming you have a UK passport you will be given a sixth month visitor permit upon arrival. You needn't a return ticket, but onward passage would be likely required if you arriving without a work visa or something like that.

3) My boyfriend works in IT and has a degree with 3rd class honours, so fair enough he shouldn't have a problem getting in, I on the other hand didnt attend university but have worked for the last 3 yrs as a learning disabilities support worker, i have trawled through the list of skilled worker jobs listed and cannot find something that sounds similar to mine, will this be a problem?
Your significant dude shouldn't have too many problems getting a job offer. If you can demonstrate to New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) that you are a bona fide couple in a stable relationship than you could be classified as his dependent and you would be issued an open work permit valid for the same length as his. You would then be free to work for whomever at whatever. Your boyfriend would be tied to the sponsoring employer (that is if you decide to go the work permit route). If you qualify for and get permanent residency you and him are free to work at whatever you can find.

And finally when doing your EOI do both of you need to do one or can you just do one form for both of you?
As I wrote above, if you are a bona fide couple he would be the main applicant and you would be the dependent partner.
Also i did an online points test on the main website and we only scored 100, will this cause difficulties? and should we come over an look for work and then apply?
If you come here and score some 'skilled' work your chances for permanent residence are much better.

OK thanks!
Good luck.