Hi I am a scaffolder

Old Oct 16th 2010, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

JAMDON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi I am a scaffolder

Hi I am a scaffolder in the uk do i need to get a nz scaffold card before i get recognised over there.
James
Old Oct 17th 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi I am a scaffolder

Theres your start.

Reg on this forum and speak to this guy.

http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/inte...aland-way.html
Old Oct 17th 2010, 9:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JAMDON
Hi I am a scaffolder in the uk do i need to get a nz scaffold card before i get recognised over there.
James
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. NZ Immy does not work like Oz Immy for instance.

If you want to just come here to work for a while then you might be OK as Scaffolder is on the NZIS Immediate Shortage list at the moment, so an NZ employer is free to offer you a job without proviong there is no NZ resident or citizen for that job.

However if you intend to try to emigrate here then you may find yourself with a bit of a problem as Scaffolder is not recognised as a skilled occupation. This means that you could not apply to be a Permanent Resident here in NZ under the normal route , which is the Skilled Migrant Category.

If you could get a job offer with what is called an NZ Accredited Employer ( there is a list on the NZIs website) and be paid $55K NZD a year for around a 40 hour week, then you could , in theory apply for a Work to Residence visa. I don't want to put a downer on your plans, but I would think that this would be highly unlikely at the present time given the economic climate and the overall low pay rates for trades here in New Zealand

Please note that the chap writing in the link Luke& Jo gave to you is himself only on a temporary work permit.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

I had just done a quick google search for New Zealand Scaffolder!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:00 am
`

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
Bless socksies but why? You don't say.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:04 pm
`

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
Duh ! I'm a thicko. I just got it. lol
Old Oct 20th 2010, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Go and lie down Bevs, you need it!