Hi - Can anyone give me some advice

Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:48 pm
slime

simon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nice
Default Hi - Can anyone give me some advice

We got our residency visa back in the end of February 2008 but we are stuck in this credit crunch. We had planed that we could sell our house and use some of the assets for the move to NZ and set up home there. Our problem is that we having great problems selling the house due to the UK housing market climate. Can any one tell us will immigration extend the visa or if we miss our 12-month date are we stuffed.

Or can we: -

1 reapply at a later date
2 if so do we have start from the EOI
3 has any one had there visa expire date extended
4 as we don’t look forward to going though the whole process again any other advice would be helpful
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

becky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to all
Default Re: Hi - Can anyone give me some advice

Hi

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare your having.

I would email your case officer and they can give you a definate answer.

I know its possible to resubmit an EOI but if you've already been granted a visa it seems a bit harsh - however if you move up into the next age bracket etc in the meantime I guess it could affect things.

Best of luck - stuff always works out in the end

Becky
Old Dec 7th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice

Originally Posted by simon-nall
We got our residency visa back in the end of February 2008 but we are stuck in this credit crunch. We had planed that we could sell our house and use some of the assets for the move to NZ and set up home there. Our problem is that we having great problems selling the house due to the UK housing market climate. Can any one tell us will immigration extend the visa or if we miss our 12-month date are we stuffed.

4 as we don’t look forward to going though the whole process again any other advice would be helpful
Hi

We are in the same boat with the selling a house bit, we have submitted our application but haven't heard anything yet, what you could do is visit NZ and get your visa's stamped this gives you another 2 years I believe. It may be worth it other wise you will have to pay again for medicals etc...

Jackie
Old Dec 8th 2008, 12:46 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As far as I am aware you get 12 months to arrive in NZ to activate your PR and RRV visas. If you don't , then they expire and you will have to start all over again from EOI.

You can activate them simply by just arriving and then leaving again. This activates the visas but , of course, doesn't help you with IRRV status in the future.

I think you should contact NZIS and explain the situation and see what they say and advise about this , as you can't be the only one stuck in this situation right now .

Please do come back and let us know what they say .
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:34 pm
slime

simon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEVS here
As far as I am aware you get 12 months to arrive in NZ to activate your PR and RRV visas. If you don't , then they expire and you will have to start all over again from EOI.

You can activate them simply by just arriving and then leaving again. This activates the visas but , of course, doesn't help you with IRRV status in the future.

I think you should contact NZIS and explain the situation and see what they say and advise about this , as you can't be the only one stuck in this situation right now .

Please do come back and let us know what they say .
hi
been thinking of contacting NZIS just hope they have a favorable reply and i post their response as soon as they send it ( live in hope)
Old Dec 21st 2008, 1:22 pm
slime

Originally Posted by jack1971
Hi

We are in the same boat with the selling a house bit, we have submitted our application but haven't heard anything yet, what you could do is visit NZ and get your visa's stamped this gives you another 2 years I believe. It may be worth it other wise you will have to pay again for medicals etc...

Jackie
HI JACKIE
IF WE DID GET OUR VISA STAMP I HAVE TO BE IN WORK WITH IN 3 MTH AND BE EMPLOYED FOR A MIMIMUN 3 MTH IN THE JOB WHICH IS ON MY APPLCATION SEEM I BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE AT PRESSENT
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:16 pm
slime

Originally Posted by simon-nall

hi all
as promised the reply regarding visa extensions from immigration

The length of time on a residence visa can only be extended by seeking permission from the Minister of Immigration, no one in the London Branch has the delegation to extend it. As you can imagine as they are extremely busy, their staff would only put forward very extreme cases for them to consider, such as where one of the included family members in an application is terminally ill and unfit for travel. The housing market has also been effected in NZ, but this would not be a reason to extend your visa time.

will we have a buyer for our house and we are going out to get the visa stamped hopefully if all gose well nz watch out here we come ypeeeeeeeee
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thanks for the update mate. It's helpful for all those in the same position. Karma your way.

Hope to read you have arrived in NZ soon as.