HGV DRIVERS

Old May 3rd 2008, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

garry37 is on a distinguished road
Default HGV DRIVERS

Calling any truckers i am in a bit of a dilemma as i been told that truck drivers have been added to the shortage occupatons list by an immigration consultant here in england? One of the members on this site has told me i could have difficulty in gaing a certain type of visa and would only be on a temporary one unless i earn at least $50k a year and the employer is accredited. The immigration company i was considering going with have told me that they would put me in touch with an employer who meets both of these requirements. They inform me that the average wage there is $20 a hour and i dont know if thats good? does that get you a pint or a pair of jeans? How would i find an accredited firm who would look at posibly employing an english HGV driver?
Old May 3rd 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice
Default Re: HGV DRIVERS

HGV drivers are on the Immediate Skills Shortage List (ISSL) not the Long Term Skills Shortage List (LTSSL). However, if you can find an accredited employer willign to pay you at least $50k fora 40 hour week then you could apply for a WTR. Otherwise you could get a job over there as a driver and keep renewing a work visa provided it stays on the ISSL. If by any chance HGV got moved to the LTSSL you would then be able to apply for PR.

There are a few people on here who are over there as HGV drivers who will hopefully be along later when they have woken up and will be able to give you more advice. Good luck!
Old May 4th 2008, 12:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

That is exactly how it stands at the present time.

Karma to Suzi and Steve.

You can find the list of acredited employers on the BE WIki

Try HERE

As for the rate of pay, that depends very much on who that wage will be supporting and where you will be in NZ.

$20K ph is an annual rate of $41500. The rate for a WTR visa is at least $24.50 ph. Anything less and you remain on a temporary work permit.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to all who have helped so far especially BEVShere.I have looked at the link she sent me and i cant see any truck driving company's does any one have any names of companys that may be of use to me, or better still someone who is a truck driver who can give me first hand information on what truck driving is like etc..? I think a job that would only give me a temporary visa is a risk and would prefer an accredited empolyer.Hope someone can help.
Old May 5th 2008, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

kiwi boy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i am a truck driver for a major company in auckland we have just brought over two hgv drivers from the uk and are looking for more.they come over for the interview/medical if all is ok then they put you to work they do all the paper work medical they pay for.and get you on a temp visa until they sort a full one out.if you need any more info give me your e.mail address as they will give you a call to see if you are suitable.
Old May 6th 2008, 5:38 am
`

Originally Posted by kiwi boy
hi i am a truck driver for a major company in auckland we have just brought over two hgv drivers from the uk and are looking for more.they come over for the interview/medical if all is ok then they put you to work they do all the paper work medical they pay for.and get you on a temp visa until they sort a full one out.if you need any more info give me your e.mail address as they will give you a call to see if you are suitable.
Can I just point out that a temp visa is a working visa . The company would probably suggest a 3 yr working visa. This would mean medicals and police checks.

until they sort a full one out
What is meant by this? A full visa !

The only way for the person to go ,after taking up the working visa is to get another working visa when the first one expires OR if the person is being paid $50K per annum for a 40 hour week , the person can look for a Work To Residence visa. After two years the person may be grated Permanent Residency. The company MUST be an acredited employer .

Here are some companies I have found through a search of this site.

From THIS POST by Marika

United Carriers
Brandz
Fulton Holton Ltd
Old May 6th 2008, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kiwi boy
Hello and thanks Kiwi boy my e-mails address is <snipped> What is the NZ equivelent to english class 1 as i see jobs that are class 4&5?

Last edited by BEVS; May 6th 2008 at 11:57 am. Reason: not a good idea to put up a personal email on an open forum
Old May 6th 2008, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by garry37
Hello and thanks Kiwi boy my e-mails address is <snipped> What is the NZ equivelent to english class 1 as i see jobs that are class 4&5?
hi gary. your class 1 licence is the same as our class 5 class4 is your class 2 as far as i know you only have to do a test on paper for your full change over no driving test.and branz was looking for one driver i do not think they will wait that long for some one to come over from the uk the other is fulton hogan[not holton]as stated. gary i asked for a e.mail address so i can give you all the info [not your personnell details/or e.mail] like i said before the company i work for in auckland do get you your full visa after a period of time they have a person working with the embassy through all the steps. if you can find a way to contact me i will give you all the info..driving jobs here it is very rare you will only be doing 40 hours a week i do 60 plus
look up nz herald that will give you some idea of the job market kiwi boy....
Old May 6th 2008, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: HGV DRIVERS Kiwi Boy

Thanks for all your info so far as every bit helps not sure how to give you contact details tho, i didnt realise that i was not allowed to put it on here SORRY. You asked me to give you an e-mail address how and who's? I have mine NOT ALLOWED, i have a friend who has his own business with a website if that helps?
Old May 7th 2008, 12:51 am
`

Once Kiwiboy has made a 3rd post you will be able to PM with each other. It is not wise to put up email addresses on an open forum. If you wish , put up the name of the accredited NZ company and employer website. Garry could then contact them direct.

There is no such thing as a Full Work Visa. What the accredited company will do is to help the employee with a Work To Residence Visa. They can only do that if the employee is proven to be getting $50K per annum for 40 hours of work per week. That is $24.50 an hour you need to earn for a WTR visa.

Earn anything less and you will apply for a temporary work permit.

I am sure the company would be happy to help with the forms.
Old May 7th 2008, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Once Kiwiboy has made a 3rd post you will be able to PM with each other. It is not wise to put up email addresses on an open forum. If you wish , put up the name of the accredited NZ company and employer website. Garry could then contact them direct.

There is no such thing as a Full Work Visa. What the accredited company will do is to help the employee with a Work To Residence Visa. They can only do that if the employee is proven to be getting $50K per annum for 40 hours of work per week. That is $24.50 an hour you need to earn for a WTR visa.

Earn anything less and you will apply for a temporary work permit.

I am sure the company would be happy to help with the forms.
sorry my mistake. not a full visa but they will get them a full residence to work/live perm sorry can not put company name up as you know they will be bombarded with people and thats what they do not wont and they do pay over the $24.50 but only just. to let people know there is company's out here here that will do it. but you have to do your home work to find them.
Old May 10th 2008, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Default MESSAGE FOR KIWI BOY (Hgv Driver)

I HAVE SENT YOU A PM. I also have the name of a company who would possibly do the same as yours maybe its the same company? This particular one is aso listed as an accredited employer something quite rare in this type of work im sure you will agree. I have spoken to a company out in NZ who deal with helping us brits out in the process of finding work, filling in visa applications etc.
Old May 10th 2008, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: HGV DRIVERS

hi garry check your e.mail that is where i replyed to ....
Old May 11th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

I have until September to go to N.Z to activate visa and since my house has not sold it looks like an expensive 2 week holiday to activate them.
I to am coming over as an class 5 driver / (class 1 uk) my o/h as the skils that qualified us for full P.R. i hope to be looking for Driving job around Bay Of Plenty Tauranga area or within a short drive away. I am leaving it until i get there as there is plenty of jops aparently and agency work to fall back on.
Old May 11th 2008, 11:02 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

This may sound an odd question but I was informed that even Bus drivers are classed as per the weight of the laden vehicle so is it likely that a bus driver can be classed along side HGV drivers. Went to the London expo and immigration said I would have no problem finding work in that field either