hey a liitle info and help

Old Jul 30th 2008, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Ryan81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hey a liitle info and help

hey people , looks a good forum with plenty of in put from yourselfs

anyhoo a few questions i have

well i`am 27 , a qualified CNC mechanical enginer with trade certs (but ((theres alaways a but)) , i done that at 16 then got me trade certs and basicly quit the next day (didint like the job)

i then went straight in to my uncles plumbing / central heating company , as i had worked with him at weekends while doing my apprenticeship for extra ££, anywhoo i never sat an offical apprenticeship so never ever got trade certs , he then moved to ireland from scotland

so then headed out to Jersey in the CI , where my parents where living, stayed there for 5 months, got a plumbing job straight away, then heaeded to canada for 4 months on a visa worked there as a plumber in a non union company, then headed back to jersey where come Oct been here for 3 years, i was taken back by my 1st (and only to date) plumbing company, i am on top plumbers wage .

anyways was looking to move to NZ under the 23 month working holiday visa ,then take it from there, but (theres that but again) i `want to get a plumbing job whats the chances without trade certs? is there a exam u can take to prove your skills in NZ? do u think a company would take me on in a trial on a reduced wage till i prove my skills?

looking to rent an apartment in auckland city, ass love night life (Jersey has a good nightlife for being 45 sq miles b4 u ask )

o yeah sky diving centres found a few anyone know of any skydivers who can recommend a good DZ and not a tandem factory? and snowboarding my other hobby wheres the neares slopes? found a celtic supporters club all ready for my team, and b4 i go whats the deal with buying 2nd hand cars? with MOT INSURANCE TAX

anyhelp in general wich i aint covered would be great also

thanx

ryan
Old Jul 30th 2008, 10:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: hey a liitle info and help

Kia Ora from the NZ forum.

Originally Posted by Ryan81

anyways was looking to move to NZ under the 23 month working holiday visa ,then take it from there, but (theres that but again) i `want to get a plumbing job whats the chances without trade certs? is there a exam u can take to prove your skills in NZ? do u think a company would take me on in a trial on a reduced wage till i prove my skills?

thanx

ryan
There is a shortage of plumbers in New Zealand , so once your boots are here on the ground it would be a case of cold calling until you get a job. Of course, a bit of a CV helps & certainly offering to work cheap rate would be enticing.

To work in the plumbing trade in New Zealand you and your NZ employer would need to apply for a PGDB Limited Licence. This would allow you to work and all your work would be supervised and signed off by an NZ registered plumber. So , nothing to stop you working at the trade here once you have the licence.

There are exams and assessments you can take to be an NZ registered plumber here, but in your circumstances , it would be a complete waste of your time and money even thinking about it.
Reasons:-
You have no formal UK trade quals
The cost is around $4000
It can take a year or more to achieve.

So, to summarise.

Arrive here. Blitz the place for a plumbing job. You and the employer apply for the PGDB limited licence ( they will know what to do).

Originally Posted by Ryan
looking to rent an apartment in auckland city, as love night life (Jersey has a good nightlife for being 45 sq miles b4 u ask )

o yeah sky diving centres found a few anyone know of any skydivers who can recommend a good DZ and not a tandem factory? and snowboarding my other hobby where is the nearest slopes?
With these types of interests , why think of Auckland. Head for Queenstown.