British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Here we go - Telephone Interview (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/here-we-go-telephone-interview-666942/)

LukeandJo May 5th 2010 8:42 am

Here we go - Telephone Interview

Well not updated people on here for a while, so here goes.

ITA in, heard nothing for a while and then bang email from case officer saying hello and then email to arrange telephone interview.

So its this Friday in the afternoon.

Looks like its our turn to impress!

Jo-Chris May 5th 2010 8:47 am

Re: Here we go - Telephone Interview

Originally Posted by LukeandJo (Post 8543614)

ITA in, heard nothing for a while and then bang email from case officer saying hello and then email to arrange telephone interview.

Good Luck!

lida16 May 5th 2010 10:27 am

Wish you all the best with your inteview :fingerscrossed:
This weekend might be :beer: all day/night long...

We can't wait to receive an e-mail form our CO with interview date so, LUCKY YOU!!! :thumbup:

And once more :fingerscrossed: ...

AngelaandJim May 5th 2010 11:08 am

Great news hope all goes well for you x

killercat May 5th 2010 7:41 pm

Good luck guys, we have ours Friday afternoon also fingers cross we both get good news. :fingerscrossed:
Jacki

nicorsts1 May 5th 2010 8:44 pm

:fingerscrossed: for you, we had ours last Friday and got approved today. Are case officer's Patricia Billet, she was really nice during the interview. Good luck, hope all goes well for you.:thumbsup:

killercat May 5th 2010 9:33 pm

iv got pat also, hopefully she'll be nice to me too. Did she ask you the same types of questions that are on the previous threads?

Originally Posted by nicorsts1 (Post 8545214)
:fingerscrossed: for you, we had ours last Friday and got approved today. Are case officer's Patricia Billet, she was really nice during the interview. Good luck, hope all goes well for you.:thumbsup:

nicorsts1 May 5th 2010 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by killercat (Post 8545321)
iv got pat also, hopefully she'll be nice to me too. Did she ask you the same types of questions that are on the previous threads?

Yes, she was really good and reassuring...:thumbsup: She asked me about work related stuff to start, both for me and Dani.

What had we done to look for work? Internet, NZ Job sites, yell.com.nz, presently in contact with an employer.
How will go about looking for work? As above, contact companies.
What if we can't find work straight away? Willing to look for other work in the mean time or retrain/study?
Would we be willing to retrain/study? Yes
Retrain in the same job/other? Yes,either in my trade, trade related or something new.
How did i think the recession had hit my trade in NZ? Check the web, I found an automobile recruitment company with employment stats showing an increase in vacancies, job prospects
What obstacles did we expect to have? Missing family & friends, finding work, etc
When do we want to go? Preferbly in 12 months to help with savings for stability. Allows time if we come against any obstacles, although we hoped to use our saving towards a property once we've found our feet.
What support networks did we have? This website:thumbsup:, A friend of mine in Auckland who I worked with in Oz, Distant relo on Waiheke Island.
Why NZ and why do you want to leave the UK? How long you got, lol
What are your long term plans? Property ladder, starting a family, long term vision of where you want to be.
Have you vistited NZ before? Nope, only Oz
Why not Oz then? simple, we love the outdoors and want to feel free to just get out and enjoy it... prefer the climate, smaller country but full of amazing landscapes
What would we do when we first arrive? Depends on work, try and arrange interviews before we land etc. If not we'll go on a recce...
Have we looked into housing, costs for renting and buying ? Yes, rent, rates, bills, buying. If you look for a thread i started, I asked about bills etc and from that i worked out rough averages. Gave Pat our salary figures (lower end to high end) and after tax per month and then deducted the average costs of living.
What salary did we expect? trade.me or Hays recruitment nz gives some salary figures.
What was our preferred area to settle?
Why there and what about housing and work in that area?
Asked if i had any questions and that was it.... said it would take 1 to 2 weeks, 2 1/2 working days later and we've got PR:D

Hope this help, good luck and all the best :thumbsup:

Paul and Dani

LukeandJo May 6th 2010 6:05 am

Cheers for that breakdown. Very informative.

killercat May 6th 2010 7:51 pm

Thanx for that Paul and Danni tis really helpfull.
Good luck for morro Luke and Jo will have a large glass for you morro eve and be keepping my fingers crossed we both get good news.

Jacki :drinkwine:

chrisjb May 6th 2010 9:30 pm

Good luck. We had ours in January, and it lasted about 40 mins. Was not that bad just a general chat about why you want to go, what you think you can offer and how much have you looked in to jobs & money once there.

We go the ok :-) the next day...

Flying out in September.

LukeandJo May 7th 2010 10:59 am

Postponed until Tuesday! Oh well no worries, more preparation time.

lida16 May 11th 2010 6:01 am

:fingerscrossed: today...all the best!!!

LukeandJo May 11th 2010 4:11 pm

Well all done and dusted. The decision is now with Immigration NZ London Branch.
Nervous to start with, got into interview mode as soon as I picked up the phone.
Case Officer spoke to Jo as well.
We should know the decision by the end of the week.

Cross those fingers people!!!! :fingerscrossed:

p.s thanks for all the good lucks and replies.

RobDon May 11th 2010 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by LukeandJo (Post 8558253)
Well all done and dusted. The decision is now with Immigration NZ London Branch.
Nervous to start with, got into interview mode as soon as I picked up the phone.
Case Officer spoke to Jo as well.
We should know the decision by the end of the week.

Cross those fingers people!!!! :fingerscrossed:

p.s thanks for all the good lucks and replies.

:fingerscrossed: Good Luck :fingerscrossed: