Here we go again.......

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here we go again.......

Because of the troubles we had with London, our lawyers have shipped our case to Christchurch.

SO what's the first thing that happens?? They want more evidence of relationship - the lastest they have is May 2009 when we applied for work visas - and they have sent Neil's notes straight back to the medical assessor!!!! Arrgh

Good job I thought the extra relationship evidence might be needed - been storing stuff up and making sure that we have joint EVERYTHING here

But the MA? Well I suppose we're looking at a waiver situation now cos they can hardly tell him he can't come to NZ - we're already here

For you new people to this, our brief history is that basically NZIS tried to split us up - well it felt like that - by refusing Neil a visa even though his consultant said he was fit and healthy and would not cost them any money. It was a BMI issue (not much over) and he's a big bloke, used to do weights etc.

For your information: a South African professional rugby player was once refused a visa as INZ said his BMI was too high. erm WHAT???? It took months for his lawyers to get him a visa, apparently

Jan
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Here we go again.......

then .

You may well get the same MA as there are only a few of 'em about from what I have read elsewhere.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
then .

You may well get the same MA as there are only a few of 'em about from what I have read elsewhere.
I agree and I'm assuming we may. Hence the waiver comment

Oh well, 1 year, 11 months and 25 days til they can chuck us out

Perhaps I ought to expand:I feel it was a combination of the MA and our very inflexible CO that caused all our grief. Hopefully by moving the case to ChCh we have eliminated some of the problem....
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:50 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil

Oh well, 1 year, 11 months and 25 days til they can chuck us out

Perhaps I ought to expand:I feel it was a combination of the MA and our very inflexible CO that caused all our grief. Hopefully by moving the case to ChCh we have eliminated some of the problem....
Hope this is just a tiny 'blip' sure it will be sorted soon..... what are they playing at?! dont they realise that you're already there for heavens sake!!!
B x
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 4:41 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

But I thought Neil had a visa and that it was all sorted out. What's going on? I must have missed something.
Hope you get this all in order soon
Sue x
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

In the end we had to go for 2 year work visas (not WTR or PR) to try to get everything through so I could start my job. This is now our PR application. Which we need to get, as I have a (really good) permanent job here and we have sold everything in the UK.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:57 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Now I understand
Here's hoping it'll all go a little more smoothly this time and your CO and MA will be a little more flexible in their attitude
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oo er then. By few , I meant 3 to 6 MAs for all applications worldwide from stuff I have read and heard from elsewhere. Of course that may be totally incorrect.
It will be down to the MA though , not the CO in the end will it not?
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:08 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh get the picture now..... PR application comes through for you.
B x
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

It's pants when the MA gets involved - we had problems with son's growing pains!!!!

Anyway - where in ChCh have you headed to and how are you finding it?

Karen
x
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 5:01 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chippy64
It's pants when the MA gets involved - we had problems with son's growing pains!!!!

Anyway - where in ChCh have you headed to and how are you finding it?

Karen
x
Jan & Neil, can I just ask then,

if we are still waiting in a few weeks/months time to hear from the ma as have been waiting 5+ weeks now, can we still apply for a work visa althought eh medicals are with the ma? Im just a bit confused now as I know Neil's medical was with the ma, but how did it work for the work visa application? I was under the impression that whichever application we applied for we would still need to pass a medical, was I wrong in thinking that?

for you both, pain in the butts eh??

Tina. x

Last edited by willand tina_h; Oct 3rd 2009 at 5:05 pm. Reason: cannot spell. lol
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:43 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Hey hopefully things will go smoother because your case has been moved to ChCh I read somewhere they're more lenient. I really hope it all goes smoothly and trouble free for you from now on. Gosh the hoops you have to go through! We're still at the very beginning and I don't mind jumping though a million hoops just as long as we get to go there!

Best of luck to you and Neil!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Jan & Neil, can I just ask then,

if we are still waiting in a few weeks/months time to hear from the ma as have been waiting 5+ weeks now, can we still apply for a work visa althought eh medicals are with the ma? Im just a bit confused now as I know Neil's medical was with the ma, but how did it work for the work visa application? I was under the impression that whichever application we applied for we would still need to pass a medical, was I wrong in thinking that?

for you both, pain in the butts eh??

Tina. x
We did work visas, then started PR about 3 months later. Medicals are identical for both. Our medicals were with MA when PR was applied for, now the work visa thing has finished, the case notes went back to the CO in London, then over to a new CO in ChCH and then back to the MA in Neils case. A lot of travelling for the paperwork

BEVS I too have heard there are only 3-6 MAs and there does seem to be a long waiting list at the moment.

Karen: We live near Ohoka which is 15km from Rangiora
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oo er then. By few , I meant 3 to 6 MAs for all applications worldwide from stuff I have read and heard from elsewhere. Of course that may be totally incorrect.
Our lawyers were very clear that MA's only state whether the applicant has an acceptable state of health. The MA does not make the decision, the CO makes it after reading the MA report. This was part of the problem in our case in August: the MA appeared to making a decision and this was partly the basis of the argument that we eventually won.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 3:33 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

We can only but speculate on this point... As you know, my Work visa took ages... Since my employer is registered with NZIS it should only have taken 10days max... My view (on my experience) now that I can look back is that looking at the current climate (not much jobs, Kiwis coming back etc...), if NZIS can delay you getting in then you may give up or simply loose your job offer... Call me silly, but I believe it!

Yes & No... The info re MA & what comes out is very unclear... After pestering my CO days in, days out she said she would speak to her Team Leader to see if they could do something... Never happened as by miracle I was approved in the next hour!

Only 3 to 6?? Then they should be full time employed by NZIS & there shouldnt be so much delays...

Our lawyers were very clear that MA's only state whether the applicant has an acceptable state of health. The MA does not make the decision, the CO makes it after reading the MA report. This was part of the problem in our case in August: the MA appeared to making a decision and this was partly the basis of the argument that we eventually won.
Yes BUT if MA does not sign you as "OK" then CO will only refuse you, saying that you do not fit NZIS requirement. My CO even once told me she does not read the medical stuff, just passes it on. So I told her, "Please read it, It's crystal clear". She then did & admitted (over the phone) that it was... Yet she said unless MA says yes, nothing she can do... Procedure, Procedure, Procedure...

for you guys... Why did you guys not wait a couple more months to let the dust settle??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.