Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Old Jan 4th 2014, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

ktm2042 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has recently had their skilled migrant residency application processed from Henderson branch, Auckland? Just wanted to know how long it took someone for CO to be assigned from Henderson Branch? In other forums, it looks like about 3 months wait for CO to be assigned in Auckland CBD branch. My current passport is expiring in about 4 months, so wanted to know whether I should apply for new passport now or wait for application to be finalized? Any related info, appreciated

EOI submitted: 2nd Sept, 2013 (150 points with current job)
ITA received by Henderson branch as per online status: 8th October, 2013
No info about CO yet.

Regards,
Rob
Old Jan 4th 2014, 5:32 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Welcome to BE!

This is a link to the processing times on the website: http://http://www.immigration.govt.n.../residence.htm

On the passport issue, if it expires in 4 months time then I would say apply for a new one now. You'll have to do it soon anyway. No point getting your new resident visa in your current PP, that PP expires and you get a new one and then have the additional cost of transferring the visa to your new PP. Easier just to get in put in a new one!
Any time remaining up to a maximum of 9 mth is added onto the 10yr duration of the new one. You don't lose any PP 'time'
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:32 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

"Once your residence application has been lodged, your case officer will take on average between six to nine months to make a final decision on your application. (Processing times largely depend on whether you have supplied your case officer with everything they have requested in your Invitation to Apply and any verification that is required.)"

taken from the link below.

so as already said get your new passport now
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks all. Just wondering if a CO gets assigned, does your online status also change or do you just get an email or phone but online status remains same? Thanks
Old Jan 6th 2014, 4:10 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't hear anything until I was contacted about the interview - I had no job offer. I was not contacted about my being assigned a CO. However it may all have changed since then!
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

lilie is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

I am in the same situation as you. I lodged my application on last November. It has been primarly checked and registered on the 5th of November, which means (I guess) that all the documentation has been provided and they have get our medical check too. On line says the 1st but I'm still in the queue for a case officer too. It is at the Henderson branch, too.

We are 2 in this application my husband and I. We are currently under a work visa and have applied under the SMC with a job offer (skilled position hold for more than a year now).

I understand that Henderson has a complicated and longer processing procedure, but It is quite frustating when you know the so short processing times for application treated at CBD Auckland.

I'll be really interested to hear about your residency visa process.

Cheers
Old Mar 4th 2014, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Hi Lilie,

My processing so far:

EOI submitted : 2nd Sept 2013

ITA accepted: 9th October 2013

CO assigned: 12th Feb - asked few further documents, Employer contacted on same day for job verification.

Further contact with CO on 28th Feb who advised my application is in queue for final assessment, so just hoping it gets finalized soon. It's for both me and my wife.

Thanks,
Rob
Old Mar 4th 2014, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Hi ya, Just wondering if anyone can shed some light if an application is Approved in principle (AIP), does this status change in online profile or just have to wait to get contacted by CO by post to find out? Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2014, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rob,

Congratulations for your CO!
It gives me hope as my ITA has been accepted on the 1th of November! So maybe I'll hear from them in a couple of week.

Can I ask you : what kind of skilled employment the principle applicant has in your case ? And you (or your wife) have already started the employement ?

By the way Rob,

I don't think you will see any changes on your online statue even if your application is approved in principle. I f think you just see a change when it has passed the final assessment and ask for you to send back the passports:

http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...shappening.htm

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 4th 2014 at 10:57 pm. Reason: merge
Old Mar 4th 2014, 11:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lilie
hi there,

I am in the same situation as you. I lodged my application on last November. It has been primarly checked and registered on the 5th of November, which means (I guess) that all the documentation has been provided and they have get our medical check too. On line says the 1st but I'm still in the queue for a case officer too. It is at the Henderson branch, too.

We are 2 in this application my husband and I. We are currently under a work visa and have applied under the SMC with a job offer (skilled position hold for more than a year now).

I understand that Henderson has a complicated and longer processing procedure, but It is quite frustating when you know the so short processing times for application treated at CBD Auckland.

I'll be really interested to hear about your residency visa process.

Cheers
Good luck with your application you hear something soon.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Lilie.
I had already started my skilled job when I submitted my EOI. I work as manager in distribution centre. My wife also had full time job but since it was not on skilled list, I did not claim any points for her job. Hope you get your CO assigned soon.
Thanks, Rob
Old Mar 10th 2014, 12:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
Good luck with your application you hear something soon.
Yeah, I really hope.
I call today and no CO yet for my application. They tell me I should more expect a 9 months time frame but won't say why neither. That is so frustrating knowing that I 've been on the queue for more than 4 months now...
And in the meantime, our work visa expire in a months and an half..
Old Mar 17th 2014, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ktm2042
Thanks Lilie.
I had already started my skilled job when I submitted my EOI. I work as manager in distribution centre. My wife also had full time job but since it was not on skilled list, I did not claim any points for her job. Hope you get your CO assigned soon.
Thanks, Rob
Hi,
Did you get any good news?

On my side: absolutely nothing.. and our working visa expired in a month and a half..
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lilie
Hi,
Did you get any good news?

On my side: absolutely nothing.. and our working visa expired in a month and a half..
Nothing yet, just touched base with CO about ten days how long ETA was to finalize my application, was advised that it's in 2pc queue, so from what I understand is, CO has made a decision but unless it gets checked and verified by second person, nothing happens. Was told another 2-3 weeks for 2pc to complete, will keep you updated if anything happens.

Something that you might find useful if you have not seen before about Henderson branch,

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ProcessMap.pdf

Found from other blogs that online status can get updated if approved, really confusing though, wish INZ had more visibility with whole applicarion process

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39759

Hope you hear something positive soon. Long waiting game ..
Old Mar 26th 2014, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Hi Lilie,

My application was approved today

Did you hear anything on your application?

My processing times,

EOI submitted : 2nd Sept 2013
ITA accepted: 9th October 2013
CO assigned: 12th Feb - asked me for few further documents, Employer contacted on same day for job verification.
28th Feb : When I contacted CO, was advised my application is in queue for final assessment
12th March: When I inquired with CO, was advised application is in second person queue
26th March: Online status changed to approved

The only time online status changed from pending to approved was today. Did not know CO was assigned until I was contacted to ask for more info

Good luck with your application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.