Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Old Mar 26th 2014, 5:10 am
Just Joined

lilie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Hi,

Thank you for the update, and first of all Congratulation! Really happy for you!

Unfortunately, I don't have any news at all. As we received an automatic email this week end to remind us that our current work visa expires in 45 days, we called again to see, if by any chance things had moved.
The person on the phone, said nothing new had happened as far as he could see, no CO assigned so we definitely need to apply for a new work visa right now (and another $600 of fees to pay).

I saw on a forum that sometime even when you call, the person who checks your application doesn't know you have a CO assigned as long as no contact with you had be made, but I seriously doubt it. If they say no CO assigned, it looks to me that there isn't any CO working on our application yet. What do you think?

He told us that we were in "tier one" which we knew already, which means we get more priority than a "tier 2" application, but he also told us that it can still take another 6 moths to be processed...

So here we are again and again! At least, I know that if your application has been approved, it makes ours to move a bit in the queue maybe!

Last edited by lilie; Mar 26th 2014 at 5:15 am.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 8:58 am
Just Joined

ktm2042 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Hi ya,

I actually would believe that sometimes people in contact centre do not have the latest information as CO would have. I got my first contact from CO on 13th Feb but technically speaking, I do not know what day I was assigned a CO. In some blogs, I have read that CO sometimes sends an email to introduce themselves to applicants on the day they take the case but it did not happen in my case. I was only contacted when some more info was needed.

One more thing, from the time it took for CO to make first contact and the time it took for my application to be approved was only five weeks, so even if you get contact from CO within next 3 weeks, I would like to think your application will be processed before your work visa expires. But, I would definitely be preparing all documents for work visa as well just in case and send them about 10 days before current visa expires if did not hear anything about CO till then. But, from what I have read from other peoples' experience and from my own case, CO should be assigned in Henderson branch roughly about 100 days from the day your ITA was accepted. If your ITA was accepted in 5th Nov, you might already have CO but you just aren't aware about it. Or if not, you can't be that far off to be assigned a CO.

Once your CO contacts you, you can ask him / her straight if you need to apply for work visa or not and I have heard if your visa is expiring soon, they process your application quicker. I have no reason not to believe that. When I received a new passport and emailed my CO if I had to transfer my work visa from old passport to new passport, I was told my application will be finalized soon and I did not need to spend money to transfer work visa. I guess it really depends what kind of CO you get. I really hope you will get your CO soon and application finalized before your visa expires. Good luck
Old Mar 30th 2014, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your support.

We are preparing all the paper work for new work visa and hopefully we'll hear from our residency in the meantime.

Finger crossed
Old Apr 15th 2014, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi everyone,
A quick update regarding my application: We've got an CO allocated!
I just received an email from her, saying she'll be in charge, verification process routine was undergoing and she will be in contact if any further document will be needed.

Lodgement date SMC: 5/11/13
CO allocated: 16/04/14

Any advice will be appreciated!

Thank you
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

virgoleonz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, i am new to this forum, i am still waiting for a CO to be allocated as you all know there is no way you can stop worrying and stressing out and we have no idea what is happening, i see that lilie's lodgement month is same as mine mine was lodged on 22nd though,i hope i might be close to a CO being allocated...All the best to everyone out there in the same boat...wish me Good Luck too please...very stressful.. it is...

SMC EOI.....................August 2013
ITA lodged...................22nd Nov 2013
CO Allocation................unknown
Decision .......................Pending
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Also my previous open work visa expired on 4th of April 2014 i applied for Post Study employer assisted Work Visa as a Store Manager for one of the retail stores belonging to a Liquor Retailing Group in Auckland, this new visa was granted within 2 weeks of application, makes me wonder if they can grant you a work visa for working in the same position and same circumstances in this quick manner why does residence visa takes so long to be processed when you have already been assessed & passed to be ok by one of the Immigration Officers.
Meanwhile staying positive

CO Allocation................unknown
Old Apr 24th 2014, 1:19 am
Just Joined

Hi there,

Verifications for residency are just more important and more complete, I guess that's why it takes longer. Also they try to see if you're likely to get well settle down once you have your residency, too.
With the work visa, all they want to know is probably if your employer would have a chance to employed someone else who already have a visa, or a kiwi. Fair enough.

But I reckon, lhenderson branch processing times are torture!
Be patient. I read somewhere that ITA lodge on Nov and Dec 2013 will be process on April and June this year, so it might be your turn soon.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply lillie,
yeah you are right i read in April 2014 Paramount Matters magazine that Henderson branch publishes every month.
It does say that Nov & Dec 2013 lodgements be assessed in April 2014,http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...mapril2014.htm
fingers crossed for the sweet result of this long stressful wait.

Did you apply by yourself or through lawyer/consultant? Mine is through an immigration lawyer
cheers
Old Apr 29th 2014, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Hi Virgoleonz,

I apply by myself. After all , if you get the information right, which immigration nz is really happy to provide by the way, an adviser in my view just takes $3000 to fill the paper for you. It doesn't give you any priority or advantage as far as I could see.

We've already applied for 3 work visas and partner visas.

I've read somewhere that application made by adviser are most likely to be done too quickly and with missing documentation.
So as far as we're concerned, my husband and I didn't feel the need to pay for that service.

I hope you hear from your future case officer soon

Last edited by lilie; Apr 29th 2014 at 4:13 am.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 12:38 am
Just Joined

Hi All, just a quick update..i have CO now from Henderson branch, on Monday she contacted my lawyer for few IRD documents & my employer for answering a 41 item questionnaire along with my 3 months pay slips & organisational chart for the company...now fingers really crossed...
CO Allocation................28th April 2014
Old Apr 30th 2014, 3:17 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Lucky you are. On my side, I know I have a CO because she nicely introduced herself by mail. But I haven't heard from her since then, neither my employer by the way. She wrote that she will contact me if more documents were needed or when a decision will be made. So maybe she has already everything she needs.

Can I ask you what kind documents you provided with your application regarding your employment?

thanks
Old Apr 30th 2014, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Hi All,

I'm things move for everyone, but I'm getting a bit worried as my CO emailed me 12 days ago to introduced herself as I said. But I don't have any news since then. We have sent a new work visa application in the meantime because CO said the decision will not be made before the end of our actual work visa (expires on 7th may).
I read on different post that a lot of applicant had a contact with their CO for the first time the day they contacted their employer.

I asked mine, she says she didn't hear from my CO yet, so I wonder if CO contact employers systematically or if there is a chance that mine has not been contacted because my CO has got every documents she needs?

Anyone?
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Hi Lilie, regarding renewal of your work visa's, what i have heard and experienced myself is CO wont touch your file till you get a new visa, i got CO as my new visa was issued, one of my friends told me the same when my visa was about to expire that my file wont proceed till i get afresh visa, how far it is true i have no idea. Well info that is sought from my employer is 41 question written response, my last 3 months payslips & organisational chart for the company i work for.

May be your CO has every thing she requires of you...
meanwhile
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:46 am
Just Joined

Thank you.

Now hopefully, we'll get the new visa soon!
Before your CO asks for more documentation, what documents did you provides when you lodge your application appart from your employment agreement?

I join with it my offer job letter and a letter from my employer which describes my duties and responsabilities.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Hi Again lilie, i would say wait for your CO's demand but support letter from your employer is must, initially i just submitted contract and support letters.
cheers
meanwhile

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.