Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Help ! Working Holiday visa to valid for my perm job offer

Help ! Working Holiday visa to valid for my perm job offer

Old Sep 27th 2013, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all
Default Help ! Working Holiday visa to valid for my perm job offer

Hi All

I have been talking to immi NZ today who have 'reminded' me that with a working holiday visa I am not allowed to take up permanent employment.

I have a job offer for a permanent position

My plan was to go in on the WHV with the EOI in process, however I was worried that my partner may get stopped at immigration as he would be entering as a tourist.

Immigration NZ have said that if he enters and I have already submitted the EOI the immigration officials will see he has a residency application in process and is therefore entering NZ on a tourist visa under false pretencies.

I dont know what to do - shall i just wait to submit the EOI from NZ? once we are in safely?

or

Shall I apply for a temp work visa so that he can apply for a partner visa??

Annoying thing is he is minus a passport at the moment as it is currently being renewed could take 3 weeks.

We need to travel on 6th November !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 27th 2013, 3:58 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help ! Working Holiday visa to valid for my perm job offer

Answered your question on the other thread-now I understand

I don't think anyone can answer for certain.

I have entered NZ as a tourist twice with a residency application in progress and had no problems at all. They knew I was visiting my NZ partner who lived there. I had been granted residency but had not paid the migrant levy or got the blue stickers-long story! I was much further along the line than you would be though.

Did INZ give you any idea of what they thought would be most acceptable to them?
Old Sep 27th 2013, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all

No I think I will call them again on Monday, I think they think I am on a regular working holiday visa but it is an exchange visa And their are now restrictions on it aside from being 12months. I am wondering if I can get him a partner visa for 12months that should sort it. So much to do so little time ! Thank you for replying x
Old Sep 27th 2013, 4:08 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsGreen2013
No I think I will call them again on Monday, I think they think I am on a regular working holiday visa but it is an exchange visa And their are now restrictions on it aside from being 12months. I am wondering if I can get him a partner visa for 12months that should sort it. So much to do so little time ! Thank you for replying x
If you mean a partner visa as in a work visa then you'd have to have the same ie work/ WTR visa in order to apply for one for him. A WHV type visa is not the same, though I have no real knowledge of the exchange visa you have.
Sorry I can't be more help This is not what you need at the moment.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 9:54 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

myself and kids came in on visitors visa, onward flights booked, whilst my husband came in on a Temp work visa. Our EOI was in process and no one said anything to us. We got approval in principal a month later then once the secondary approval was signed we had all the paper work transferred to NZ for the stamps to go in our passports. took with my husband already working 4mths for the visa ITA to get sorted but it was over Christmas time and as I said we did transfer.

I would look at the cost of getting him a visa against just getting an onward flight that he may or may not use
Old Sep 29th 2013, 11:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Can't the employer offer you a full time permanent position straight off Mrs G.

Sorry , am not up to speed with anything today.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 9:01 am
Account Closed

Thanks everyone - think I am majorly over thinking everything but with a clear head this weekend I think I have my head round it.

I have my perm offer of employment so I think we will submit our EOI and my husband can come with me temporarily on a holiday visa - we will purchase a return ticket for him that is refundable so that if we get residency in that 6 months then he can stay ... if not he will just have to come back until it is sorted.

I just hope he doesn't get 20 questions at the border but i would hope all is ok as he will have more than enough money to support himself for his 6 months , an address of my aunts where we are staying and a ticket back to the UK .... fingers crossed :-)

I'm going to get all of the paper work ready for the ITA, I know its a major assumption but we have 155 points so i am hopeful. That way I can send it to London rather than an NZ office.

I nearly wavered and hired the immigration agent at the weekend but it would be such a lot of money.

Shippers are coming on the 18th October!!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 6:01 pm
Queen of the Underworld

At 155 points it will be an automatic selection. Even if you had between 100-140 points, you have a job offer so it would be unusual not to be selected anyway.
Good luck! Agents are a lot of money, once your EOI is done all you have to do is collect the necessary documents really. Agents can direct you to what you need and fill in the form but you still need to find everything and do the medicals yourselves!